1. An informal term for a father.
5. A federal agency established to regulate the release of new foods and health-related products.
8. A Kwa language spoken by the Yoruba people in southwestern Nigeria.
11. An elaborate song for solo voice.
12. (Judaism) Sacred chest where the ancient Hebrews kept the two tablets containing the Ten Commandments.
13. The money risked on a gamble.
14. Perceive sound.
15. The longer of the two telegraphic signals used in Morse code.
16. A religious belief of African origin involving witchcraft and sorcery.
17. Filled with a great quantity.
18. The Tibeto-Burman language spoken in the Dali region of Yunnan.
19. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
22. A software system that facilitates the creation and maintenance and use of an electronic database.
25. A very poisonous metallic element that has three allotropic forms.
27. The month following July and preceding September.
28. Jordan's port.
32. A unit of elastance equal to the reciprocal of a farad.
33. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
36. A benevolent aspect of Devi.
37. A condition (mostly in boys) characterized by behavioral and learning disorders.
41. The compass point that is one point west of due south.
42. A unit of absorbed ionizing radiation equal to 100 ergs per gram of irradiated material.
43. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
44. Of a light yellowish-brown color n 1.
45. An agency of the United Nations affiliated with the World Bank.
46. Two items of the same kind.
47. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
1. Tropical woody herb with showy yellow flowers and flat pods.
2. A particular geographical region of indefinite boundary (usually serving some special purpose or distinguished by its people or culture or geography).
3. An ornamental jewelled headdress signifying sovereignty.
4. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
5. An interest followed with exaggerated zeal.
6. Any of numerous low-growing cushion-forming plants of the genus Draba having rosette-forming leaves and terminal racemes of small flowers with scapose or leafy stems.
7. A Loloish language.
8. A dark-skinned member of a race of people living in Australia when Europeans arrived.
9. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
10. A city in central New York.
20. A radioactive transuranic element.
21. (old-fashioned) At or from or to a great distance.
23. A island in the Netherlands Antilles that is the top of an extinct volcano.
24. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
26. An overland journey by hunters (especially in Africa).
29. A Bantu language spoken by the Kamba people in Kenya.
30. (Welsh) Lord of Annwfn (the other world.
31. A genus of Ploceidae.
34. A small cake leavened with yeast.
35. Two items of the same kind.
38. An informal term for a father.
39. A doctor's degree in education.
40. The chance to speak.