1. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
4. Assist or encourage, usually in some wrongdoing.
8. The compass point that is one point south of due east.
11. A conspicuous disparity or difference as between two figures.
12. Plant with an elongated head of broad stalked leaves resembling celery.
13. Resinlike substance secreted by certain lac insects.
14. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
15. A member of an extinct North American Indian people who lived in the Pit river valley in northern California.
16. Type genus of the family Myacidae.
17. A unit of information equal to one million (1,048,576) bytes.
19. An inhabitant of Lappland.
20. A public promotion of some product or service.
21. Wild sheep of northern Africa.
24. Spiritual leader of a Jewish congregation.
26. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
29. A college town in central New York on Lake Cayuga.
31. Date used in reckoning dates before the supposed year Christ was born.
32. United States labor organizer who ran for President as a socialist (1855-1926).
34. An uproarious party.
36. A pilgrimage to Mecca.
38. A soft yellow malleable ductile (trivalent and univalent) metallic element.
39. A city in the Asian part of Russia.
42. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
43. A New England state.
45. A percussion instrument consisting of a pair of hollow pieces of wood or bone (usually held between the thumb and fingers) that are made to click together (as by Spanish dancers) in rhythm with the dance.
47. Having leadership guidance.
49. A steep rugged rock or cliff.
51. Thigh of a hog (usually smoked).
52. A federal agency established to regulate the release of new foods and health-related products.
53. Large burrowing rodent of South and Central America.
54. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
1. Small terrestrial lizard of warm regions of the Old World.
2. Found along western Atlantic coast.
3. An accountant certified by the state.
4. One or some or every or all without specification.
5. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
6. An ancient Hebrew unit of dry measure equal to about a bushel.
7. The capital of Nationalist China.
8. Any of various trees of the genus Ulmus.
9. Common Indian weaverbird.
10. Any of a number of fishes of the family Carangidae.
18. The capacitance of a capacitor that has an equal and opposite charge of 1 coulomb on each plate and a voltage difference of 1 volt between the plates.
22. Small European freshwater fish with a slender bluish-green body.
23. A rare silvery (usually trivalent) metallic element.
25. A small cake leavened with yeast.
27. 16 ounces.
28. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
30. Any property detected by the olfactory system.
33. Wood of a sumac.
34. Of or relating to or characteristic of Thailand of its people.
35. A member of the Siouan people formerly living in the Missouri river valley in NE Nebraska.
36. (used of animals especially a horse) Of a moderate reddish-brown color n 1.
37. In bed.
38. An informal term for a father.
40. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
41. God of love and erotic desire.
44. A protocol developed for the internet to get data from one network device to another.
45. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
46. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
48. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
50. An intensely radioactive metallic element that occurs in minute amounts in uranium ores.