1. An undergarment worn by women to support their breasts.
4. A federal agency established to regulate the release of new foods and health-related products.
7. A girl or young woman who is unmarried.
11. A boy or man.
12. An ugly evil-looking old woman.
13. In or relating to or obtained from urine.
14. Black tropical American cuckoo.
15. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
17. North American republic containing 50 states - 48 conterminous states in North America plus Alaska in northwest North America and the Hawaiian Islands in the Pacific Ocean.
18. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
20. Chinese Taoist sect claiming to follow the teaching of Lao-tzu but also incorporating pantheism and sorcery.
22. (in various religions) The world of the dead.
24. A member of the Siouan people formerly living in the Missouri river valley in NE Nebraska.
27. A coffee cake flavored with orange rind and raisins and almonds.
31. Having undesirable or negative qualities.
32. The cry made by sheep.
34. An associate degree in applied science.
36. Any of various units of capacity.
38. (Old Testament) Moses' successor who led the Israelites into the Promised Land.
42. A particular geographical region of indefinite boundary (usually serving some special purpose or distinguished by its people or culture or geography).
46. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
47. A unit of absorbed ionizing radiation equal to 100 ergs per gram of irradiated material.
50. A white linen liturgical vestment with sleeves.
51. (statistics) Approximating the statistical norm or average or expected value.
52. Airtight sealed metal container for food or drink or paint etc..
53. A sharp hand gesture (resembling a blow).
54. A small cake leavened with yeast.
55. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
56. Used of a single unit or thing.
1. Divulge information or secrets.
2. Type genus of the Ranidae.
3. A nearly horizontal passage from the surface into a mine.
4. The federal agency that insures residential mortgages.
5. The longer of the two telegraphic signals used in Morse code.
6. An impure form of quartz consisting of banded chalcedony.
7. A trivalent metallic element of the rare earth group.
8. Wild sheep of northern Africa.
9. Express or utter with a hiss.
10. A fraudulent business scheme.
16. African tree having an exceedingly thick trunk and fruit that resembles a gourd and has an edible pulp called monkey bread.
19. The residue that remains when something is burned.
21. Leaf or strip from a leaf of the talipot palm used in India for writing paper.
23. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
25. Informal terms for a mother.
26. A public promotion of some product or service.
28. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
29. Unknown god.
30. A very poisonous metallic element that has three allotropic forms.
33. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
35. A republic in West Africa on the Gulf of Guinea.
36. The federal agency that insures residential mortgages.
37. A white soft metallic element that tarnishes readily.
39. Evergreen trees and shrubs having oily one-seeded fruits.
40. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
41. Type genus of the family Arcidae.
42. (slang) A gangster's pistol.
43. A Hindu prince or king in India.
44. A feeling of strong eagerness (usually in favor of a person or cause).
45. A French abbot.
48. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
49. A nucleic acid consisting of large molecules shaped like a double helix.