1. A fatal disease of cattle that affects the central nervous system.
4. Medium-sized tree having glossy lanceolate leaves.
8. A state of southwestern India.
11. Any of various primates with short tails or no tail at all.
12. A United Nations agency created to assist developing nations by loans guaranteed by member governments.
13. A drug combination found in some over-the-counter headache remedies (Aspirin and Phenacetin and Caffeine).
14. A police officer who investigates crimes.
15. The lower house of the parliament of the Republic of Ireland.
16. A crystalline rock that can be cut and polished for jewelry.
17. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
19. Mar or spoil the appearance of.
23. An intensely radioactive metallic element that occurs in minute amounts in uranium ores.
24. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
26. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
30. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
33. A master's degree in business.
34. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
35. A member of the Finno-Ugric-speaking people living in eastern European Russia.
40. A light strong brittle gray toxic bivalent metallic element.
43. A unit of surface area equal to 100 square meters.
44. An amino acid that is found in the central nervous system.
47. Water frozen in the solid state.
48. A benevolent aspect of Devi.
50. (British) Your grandmother.
51. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
52. The basic unit of money in Iran.
1. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
2. A detailed description of design criteria for a piece of work.
3. An international organization of European countries formed after World War II to reduce trade barriers and increase cooperation among its members.
4. Mild form of diabetes mellitus that develops gradually in adults.
5. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
6. A system of high tension cables by which electrical power is distributed throughout a region.
7. Person who does no work.
8. Mentally or physically infirm with age.
9. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
10. The highest level or degree attainable.
18. The jurisdiction or office of an abbot.
20. Extremely pleasing.
21. A light touch or stroke.
22. A state in north central United States.
25. A very light colorless element that is one of the six inert gasses.
27. The basic unit of electric current adopted under the System International d'Unites.
28. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
29. A white soft metallic element that tarnishes readily.
31. A small pellet fired from an air rifle or BB gun.
32. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
36. Predatory black-and-white toothed whale with large dorsal fin.
37. Being of the age 13 through 19.
38. Largest known toad species.
39. God of love and erotic desire.
40. (usually followed by `of') Released from something onerous (especially an obligation or duty).
41. A small cake leavened with yeast.
42. part of the peritoneum attached to the stomach and to the colon and covering the intestines.
45. A room or establishment where alcoholic drinks are served over a counter.
46. The Tibeto-Burman language spoken in the Dali region of Yunnan.
47. An international organization of European countries formed after World War II to reduce trade barriers and increase cooperation among its members.
49. A nonmetallic largely pentavalent heavy volatile corrosive dark brown liquid element belonging to the halogens.