1. A thin strip (wood or metal).
5. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
8. A condition (mostly in boys) characterized by behavioral and learning disorders.
11. A metabolic acid found in yeast and liver cells.
12. The cry made by sheep.
13. Primitive predaceous North American fish covered with hard scales and having long jaws with needle-like teeth.
14. American civil rights worker in Mississippi.
17. A high-crowned black cap (usually made of felt or sheepskin) worn by men in Turkey and Iran and the Caucasus.
19. A soft white precious univalent metallic element having the highest electrical and thermal conductivity of any metal.
22. The sacred city of Lamaism.
24. French soldier said to be fearless and chivalrous (1473-1524).
27. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
29. Having undesirable or negative qualities.
30. A Loloish language.
33. A long noosed rope used to catch animals.
38. A religious belief of African origin involving witchcraft and sorcery.
39. An open sore on the back of a horse caused by ill-fitting or badly adjusted saddle.
43. (informal) Roused to anger.
44. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
45. The 7th letter of the Greek alphabet.
46. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
47. Footwear usually with wooden soles.
48. A light touch or stroke.
1. A detailed description of design criteria for a piece of work.
2. Rock that in its molten form (as magma) issues from volcanos.
3. Any of various deciduous or evergreen ornamental shrubs of the genus Abelia having opposite simple leaves and cymes of small white or pink or purplish flowers.
4. Waterproofed canvas.
5. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
6. A flexible container with a single opening.
7. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
8. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
9. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
10. The phenomenon of resistance to motion through a fluid.
15. The capital and largest city of Yemen.
16. Being or befitting or characteristic of an infant.
18. Lacking or deprive of the sense of hearing wholly or in part.
20. A unit of magnetic flux equal to 100,000,000 maxwells.
21. A very young child (birth to 1 year) who has not yet begun to walk or talk.
23. Singing jazz.
25. An intensely radioactive metallic element that occurs in minute amounts in uranium ores.
26. A doctor's degree in religion.
28. A small pellet fired from an air rifle or BB gun.
31. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
32. A member of a seafaring group of North American Indians who lived on the Pacific coast of British Columbia and southwestern Alaska.
33. Any of various dark heavy viscid substances obtained as a residue.
34. Highly excited.
35. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
36. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
37. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
40. Any of various primates with short tails or no tail at all.
41. A serve that strikes the net before falling into the receiver's court.
42. A doctor's degree in education.
43. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.