1. Resinlike substance secreted by certain lac insects.
4. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
8. An accountant certified by the state.
11. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
12. South African term for `boss'.
13. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
14. A port in southern Sweden.
16. A native-born Israeli.
18. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
19. Airtight sealed metal container for food or drink or paint etc..
20. A state in northwestern North America.
21. A small cake leavened with yeast.
24. (British) A waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric.
26. A long thin fluffy scarf of feathers or fur.
27. A soft white precious univalent metallic element having the highest electrical and thermal conductivity of any metal.
28. A federal agency that supervises carriers that transport goods and people between states.
34. A Loloish language.
37. A condition (mostly in boys) characterized by behavioral and learning disorders.
38. 40th President of the United States (1911- ).
41. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
45. A religious belief of African origin involving witchcraft and sorcery.
46. Consisting of one of two equivalent parts in value or quantity.
49. An associate degree in applied science.
50. (informal) Roused to anger.
51. In bed.
52. Government agency created in 1974 to license and regulate nuclear power plants.
53. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
54. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
55. A doctor's degree in preventive medicine.
1. A Tibetan or Mongolian priest of Lamaism.
2. (botany) Of or relating to the axil.
3. West Indian tree having racemes of fragrant white flowers and yielding a durable timber and resinous juice.
4. A dark-skinned member of a race of people living in Australia when Europeans arrived.
5. A rare silvery (usually trivalent) metallic element.
6. (astronomy) The angular distance of a celestial point measured westward along the celestial equator from the zenith crossing.
7. State in northeastern India.
8. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
9. (obstetrics) The number of live-born children a woman has delivered.
10. Any of various strong liquors distilled from the fermented sap of toddy palms or from fermented molasses.
15. A master's degree in business.
17. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
22. The cry made by sheep.
23. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
25. An independent agency of the United States government responsible for collecting and coordinating intelligence and counterintelligence activities abroad in the national interest.
29. A ductile gray metallic element of the lanthanide series.
30. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
31. A flexible container with a single opening.
32. A white soft metallic element that tarnishes readily.
33. An agency of the United Nations affiliated with the World Bank.
35. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
36. A member of a seafaring group of North American Indians who lived on the Pacific coast of British Columbia and southwestern Alaska.
39. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
40. (Babylonian) God of wisdom and agriculture and patron of scribes and schools.
42. Relating to or characteristic of or occurring on land.
43. The lean flesh of a fish that is often farmed.
44. United States writer (born in Poland) who wrote in Yiddish (1880-1957).
47. (Irish) The sea personified.
48. A federal agency established to regulate the release of new foods and health-related products.