1. Goddess of criminal rashness and its punishment.
4. East Indian tree bearing a profusion of intense vermilion velvet-textured blooms and yielding a yellow dye.
7. One thousandth of a second.
11. Thigh of a hog (usually smoked).
12. How long something has existed.
13. (prefix) Outside or outer.
14. American prizefighter who won the world heavyweight championship three times (born in 1942).
15. A light touch or stroke.
16. The part of the nervous system of vertebrates that controls involuntary actions of the smooth muscles and heart and glands.
17. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
19. A genus of tropical American plants have sword-shaped leaves and a fleshy compound fruits composed of the fruits of several flowers (such as pineapples).
22. African tree having an exceedingly thick trunk and fruit that resembles a gourd and has an edible pulp called monkey bread.
25. An Anatolian language.
28. In bed.
31. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
32. Submerged aquatic plant having narrow leaves and small flowers.
35. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
37. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
38. (Old Testament) Moses' successor who led the Israelites into the Promised Land.
42. (Babylonian) God of wisdom and agriculture and patron of scribes and schools.
46. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
47. A unit of absorbed ionizing radiation equal to 100 ergs per gram of irradiated material.
50. A periodic paperback publication.
51. (statistics) Approximating the statistical norm or average or expected value.
52. Airtight sealed metal container for food or drink or paint etc..
53. The address of a web page on the world wide web.
54. A small cake leavened with yeast.
55. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
56. A run that is the result of the batter's performance.
1. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
2. The basic unit of money in Western Samoa.
3. Expel, as of gases and odors.
4. An informal term for a father.
5. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
6. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
7. A state in New England.
8. The act of scanning.
9. An inactive volcano in Sicily.
10. An Indian unit of length having different values in different localities.
18. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
20. A silvery soft waxy metallic element of the alkali metal group.
21. A port city in southwestern Iran.
23. Belonging to or on behalf of a specified person (especially yourself).
24. South American wood sorrel cultivated for its edible tubers.
26. An associate degree in nursing.
27. A white soft metallic element that tarnishes readily.
29. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
30. A logarithmic unit of sound intensity.
33. A state in midwestern United States.
34. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
36. A republic in West Africa on the Gulf of Guinea.
37. An informal term for a father.
39. Evergreen trees and shrubs having oily one-seeded fruits.
40. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
41. Type genus of the family Arcidae.
43. An Asian river between China and Russia.
44. An aggressive remark directed at a person like a missile and intended to have a telling effect.
45. Large sweet juicy hybrid between tangerine and grapefruit having a thick wrinkled skin.
48. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
49. A nucleic acid consisting of large molecules shaped like a double helix.