1. (computer science) A measure of how densely information is packed on a storage medium.
4. One of several parallel sloping beams that support a roof.
8. The state of matter distinguished from the solid and liquid states by.
11. An implement used to propel or steer a boat.
12. A member of an Algonquian people living in central Canada.
13. A mature blood cell that contains hemoglobin to carry oxygen to the bodily tissues.
14. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
16. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
17. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
18. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
19. (of complexion) Blemished by imperfections of the skin.
23. A decree that prohibits something.
24. African tree having an exceedingly thick trunk and fruit that resembles a gourd and has an edible pulp called monkey bread.
27. Having an eye or eyes or eyelike feature especially as specified.
28. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
29. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
31. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
35. Plant with an elongated head of broad stalked leaves resembling celery.
40. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
42. A rapid bustling commotion.
43. Tag the base runner to get him out.
45. An accidental happening.
46. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
47. A small cake leavened with yeast.
48. A strong emotion.
1. Greenish-yellow pear.
2. Large burrowing rodent of South and Central America.
3. A self-funded retirement plan that allows you to contribute a limited yearly sum toward your retirement.
4. Date used in reckoning dates before the supposed year Christ was born.
5. (of persons) Highest in rank or authority or office.
6. A unit of length of thread or yarn.
7. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
8. The mother of your father or mother.
9. A French abbot.
10. Any of a number of fishes of the family Carangidae.
15. Divulge information or secrets.
20. Conqueror of Gaul and master of Italy (100-44 BC).
21. A long thin fluffy scarf of feathers or fur.
22. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
25. A soft white precious univalent metallic element having the highest electrical and thermal conductivity of any metal.
26. The cry made by sheep.
30. (British) A waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric.
32. A genus of Indriidae.
33. Measuring instrument in which the echo of a pulse of microwave radiation is used to detect and locate distant objects.
34. Run away secretly with one's beloved.
36. South American armadillo with three bands of bony plates.
37. Having nine hinged bands of bony plates.
38. United States physiologist (born in Germany) who did research on parthenogenesis (1859-1924).
39. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
41. An accountant certified by the state.
44. A metallic element having four allotropic forms.