1. An anxiety disorder associated with serious traumatic events and characterized by such symptoms as guilt about surviving or reliving the trauma in dreams or numbness and lack of involvement with reality or recurrent thoughts and images.
5. A hard gray lustrous metallic element that is highly corrosion-resistant.
7. Any orchid of the genus Disa.
11. The dynasty that ruled much of Manchuria and northeastern China from 947 to 1125.
12. A hemoprotein composed of globin and heme that gives red blood cells their characteristic color.
13. Large burrowing rodent of South and Central America.
14. The fatty flesh of eel.
15. (astronomy) The angular distance of a celestial point measured westward along the celestial equator from the zenith crossing.
17. The sense organ for hearing and equilibrium.
18. (informal) Exceptionally good.
20. Make less active or intense.
22. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
24. A software system that facilitates the creation and maintenance and use of an electronic database.
26. A radioactive transuranic element.
27. Valuable source of caviar and isinglass.
29. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
32. An alloy of copper and zinc (and sometimes arsenic) used to imitate gold in cheap jewelry and for gilding.
36. A Bantu language spoken by the Chaga people in northern Tanzania.
38. A metabolic acid found in yeast and liver cells.
39. Tag the base runner to get him out.
40. A workplace for the conduct of scientific research.
43. The network in the reticular formation that serves an alerting or arousal function.
44. A town in north central Oklahoma.
46. A tight-fitting headdress.
47. The compass point midway between east and southeast.
48. A collection of facts from which conclusions may be drawn.
49. The residue that remains when something is burned.
50. A doctor's degree in education.
1. One of the common people.
2. A relative position or degree of value in a graded group.
3. A deep bow.
4. An uproarious party.
5. Of or relating to or characteristic of Thailand of its people.
6. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
7. A person forced to flee from home or country.
8. The United Nations agency concerned with atomic energy.
9. Singing jazz.
10. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
16. A port city and resort in Andalusia in southern Spain on the Mediterranean.
19. Talks a great deal about uninteresting topics.
21. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
23. Lie adjacent to another.
25. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
28. The basic unit of electric current adopted under the System International d'Unites.
30. A republic in West Africa on the Gulf of Guinea.
31. An established custom.
32. An uproarious party.
33. Having the head uncovered.
34. Lower in esteem.
35. Covered or protected with or as if with a case.
37. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
41. An associate degree in applied science.
42. Enlarged prostate.
45. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.