1. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
5. An honorary degree in science.
8. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
11. The act of drawing or hauling something.
12. A self-funded retirement plan that allows you to contribute a limited yearly sum toward your retirement.
13. Having undesirable or negative qualities.
14. A French abbot.
15. The longer of the two telegraphic signals used in Morse code.
16. A master's degree in business.
17. The cry made by sheep.
20. A public promotion of some product or service.
22. An enclosed space.
23. A region of northeastern France famous for its wines.
27. Tropical starchy tuberous root.
31. A city in east central Texas.
32. Any of various units of capacity.
34. (British) A waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric.
35. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
37. Date used in reckoning dates before the supposed year Christ was born.
39. Large bamboo having thick-walled culms.
41. Primitive chlorophyll-containing mainly aquatic eukaryotic organisms lacking true stems and roots and leaves.
45. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
46. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
49. The month following January and preceding March.
51. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
53. (Norse mythology) One of the Aesir known for his beauty and skill with bow and skis.
54. A condition (mostly in boys) characterized by behavioral and learning disorders.
55. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
56. A chronic skin disease occurring primarily in women between the ages of 20 and 40.
1. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
2. A small cake leavened with yeast.
3. A communist state in the Caribbean on the island of Cuba.
4. An inflammatory disease of connective tissue with variable features including fever and weakness and fatigability and joint pains and skin lesions on the face or neck or arms.
5. Large genus of tropical subshrubs or herbs some of which yield fibers of mucilaginous substances.
6. Infestation of the pubic hair by crab lice.
7. The capital and largest city of Bangladesh.
8. A defensive missile designed to shoot down incoming intercontinental ballistic missiles.
9. An amino acid that is found in the central nervous system.
10. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
18. (computer science) A computer that is running software that allows users to leave messages and access information of general interest.
19. (informal) Of the highest quality.
21. African tree having an exceedingly thick trunk and fruit that resembles a gourd and has an edible pulp called monkey bread.
24. A white soft metallic element that tarnishes readily.
25. Any of a number of fishes of the family Carangidae.
26. A metallic element having four allotropic forms.
28. Diabetes caused by a relative or absolute deficiency of insulin and characterized by polyuria.
29. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
30. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
33. 16 ounces.
36. Jordan's port.
38. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
40. In bed.
42. (Welsh) A warrior god.
43. An open sore on the back of a horse caused by ill-fitting or badly adjusted saddle.
44. (usually followed by `to') Having the necessary means or skill or know-how or authority to do something.
47. Resinlike substance secreted by certain lac insects.
48. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
50. A bachelor's degree in religion.
52. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
53. A bachelor's degree in science.