1. Inquire about.
4. A small cake leavened with yeast.
8. A decree that prohibits something.
11. Aircraft landing in bad weather in which the pilot is talked down by ground control using precision approach radar.
12. Any culture medium that uses agar as the gelling agent.
13. Any of various coarse shrubby plants of the genus Iva with small greenish flowers.
14. Thigh of a hog (usually smoked).
15. Small European freshwater fish with a slender bluish-green body.
16. The Tibeto-Burman language spoken in the Dali region of Yunnan.
17. A condensed but memorable saying embodying some important fact of experience that is taken as true by many people.
19. A rotating disk shaped to convert circular into linear motion.
21. (astronomy) The angular distance of a celestial point measured westward along the celestial equator from the zenith crossing.
23. Harsh or corrosive in tone.
25. African tree having an exceedingly thick trunk and fruit that resembles a gourd and has an edible pulp called monkey bread.
29. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
30. Alcoholic drink from fermented cider (`cider' and `cyder' are European (especially British) usage for the fermented beverage).
31. Spicy fruit of the cubeb vine.
32. A soft white precious univalent metallic element having the highest electrical and thermal conductivity of any metal.
33. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
36. A city in northern Mexico on the Rio Grande opposite El Paso.
41. A bottle with a stopper.
44. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
45. Precipitation of ice pellets when there are strong rising air currents.
46. A light touch or stroke.
48. Informal terms for a mother.
49. A river in central Europe that arises in northwestern Czechoslovakia and flows northward through Germany to empty into the North Sea.
50. Two items of the same kind.
51. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
1. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
2. Any of a number of fishes of the family Carangidae.
3. God of love and erotic desire.
4. A Chadic language spoken in northern Nigeria.
5. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
6. An indehiscent fruit derived from a single ovary having one or many seeds within a fleshy wall or pericarp.
7. A particular geographical region of indefinite boundary (usually serving some special purpose or distinguished by its people or culture or geography).
8. Top part of an apron.
9. A genus of Indriidae.
10. Submerged aquatic plant having narrow leaves and small flowers.
18. An aggressive remark directed at a person like a missile and intended to have a telling effect.
20. A cooler darker spot appearing periodically on the surface of the sun.
22. A small pellet fired from an air rifle or BB gun.
24. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
26. The branch of computer science that deal with writing computer programs that can solve problems creatively.
27. Not divisible by two.
28. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
34. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
35. Exhibiting or restored to vigorous good health.
36. A sweetened beverage of diluted fruit juice.
37. A slight rounded elevation where the malleus attaches to the eardrum.
38. Avatar of Vishnu.
39. Very dark black.
40. The battle in 202 BC in which Scipio decisively defeated Hannibal at the end of the second Punic War.
42. Support resembling the rib of an animal.
43. A doctor's degree in education.
47. A soft yellow malleable ductile (trivalent and univalent) metallic element.