1. The residue that remains when something is burned.
4. Not divisible by two.
7. German organist and contrapuntist (1685-1750).
11. A digital display that uses liquid crystal cells that change reflectivity in an applied electric field.
12. The federal agency that insures residential mortgages.
13. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
14. United States liquid unit equal to 4 quarts or 3.785 liters.
15. Extremely pleasing.
16. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
17. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
20. A Mid-Atlantic state.
21. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
23. A software system that facilitates the creation and maintenance and use of an electronic database.
28. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
29. Harsh or corrosive in tone.
30. A sock with a separation for the big toe.
33. A gray tetravalent metallic element that resembles zirconium chemically and is found in zirconium minerals.
34. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
40. Tastelessness by virtue of being cheap and vulgar.
41. A narrow zigzag ribbon used as trimming.
43. United States tennis player who was the first Black to win United States and English singles championships (1943-1993).
46. A unit of length (in United States and Britain) equal to one twelfth of a foot.
47. A roll of photographic film holding a series of frames to be projected by a movie projector.
48. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
49. A reason for wanting something done.
1. Primitive chlorophyll-containing mainly aquatic eukaryotic organisms lacking true stems and roots and leaves.
2. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
3. A lipoprotein that transports cholesterol in the blood.
4. Viscera and trimmings of a butchered animal often considered inedible by humans.
5. An Indian tree of the family Combretaceae that is a source of timber and gum.
6. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
7. A small cake leavened with yeast.
8. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
9. Of or relating to or characteristic of the Republic of Chad or its people or language.
10. Exhibiting or restored to vigorous good health.
18. A river of southwestern Africa that rises in central Angola and flows east and then north (forming part of the border between Angola and Congo) and continuing northwest through Congo to empty into the Congo River on the border between Congo and Republic of the Congo.
19. Large brownish-green New Zealand parrot.
22. A mature blood cell that contains hemoglobin to carry oxygen to the bodily tissues.
24. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
25. An awkward stupid person.
26. The branch of computer science that deal with writing computer programs that can solve problems creatively.
27. A bachelor's degree in religion.
31. Lower in esteem.
32. The act of swimming.
35. 1/1000 gram.
36. Type genus of the family Arcidae.
37. The template for protein synthesis.
38. Related to or located at the back.
39. A dull persistent (usually moderately intense) pain.
42. An alliance made up of states that had been Soviet Socialist Republics in the Soviet Union prior to its dissolution in Dec 1991.
44. Angular distance above the horizon (especially of a celestial object).
45. A public promotion of some product or service.