1. How long something has existed.
4. Divulge information or secrets.
8. System of measurement based on centimeters and grams and seconds.
11. Thigh of a hog (usually smoked).
12. (obstetrics) The number of live-born children a woman has delivered.
13. Resinlike substance secreted by certain lac insects.
14. American prizefighter who won the world heavyweight championship three times (born in 1942).
15. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
16. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
17. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
19. (of complexion) Blemished by imperfections of the skin.
21. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
24. Aircraft landing in bad weather in which the pilot is talked down by ground control using precision approach radar.
27. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
29. Belonging to some prior time.
33. A medieval hood of mail suspended from a basinet to protect the head and neck.
36. A federal agency established to regulate the release of new foods and health-related products.
37. (informal) Of the highest quality.
38. An official language of the Republic of South Africa.
41. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
44. The month following March and preceding May.
49. Large brownish-green New Zealand parrot.
50. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
51. Type genus of the family Myacidae.
52. Someone who engages in arbitrage (who purchases securities in one market for immediate resale in another in the hope of profiting from the price differential).
53. Primitive chlorophyll-containing mainly aquatic eukaryotic organisms lacking true stems and roots and leaves.
54. An informal term for a father.
1. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
2. Offering fun and gaiety.
3. Expel, as of gases and odors.
4. (computer science) The rate at which data is transferred (as by a modem).
5. A cord that is drawn through eyelets or around hooks in order to draw together two edges (as of a shoe or garment).
6. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
7. A small cake leavened with yeast.
8. Group of people related by blood or marriage.
9. A measuring instrument for measuring and indicating a quantity or for testing conformity with a standard.
10. Any of a number of fishes of the family Carangidae.
18. A public promotion of some product or service.
20. A waste pipe that carries away sewage or surface water.
22. Harsh or corrosive in tone.
23. A small pellet fired from an air rifle or BB gun.
25. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
26. Before noon.
28. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
30. The compass point that is one point east (clockwise) of due north.
31. Being ten more than one hundred forty.
32. The branch of engineering science that studies the uses of electricity and the equipment for power generation and distribution and the control of machines and communication.
34. A federation of North American labor unions that merged with the Congress of Industrial Organizations in 1955.
35. An esoteric or occult matter that is traditionally secret.
39. Someone who copies the words or behavior of another.
40. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
42. Common Indian weaverbird.
43. Of or relating to or characteristic of the Republic of Chad or its people or language.
45. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
46. United States liquid unit equal to 4 quarts or 3.785 liters.
47. An ugly evil-looking old woman.
48. A doctor's degree in dental medicine.
49. A brittle gray crystalline element that is a semiconducting metalloid (resembling silicon) used in transistors.