1. A period of time spent sleeping.
4. A health resort near a spring or at the seaside.
7. In bed.
11. How long something has existed.
12. An implement used to propel or steer a boat.
13. Rock that in its molten form (as magma) issues from volcanos.
14. A plant hormone promoting elongation of stems and roots.
15. A federal agency established to regulate the release of new foods and health-related products.
16. A Gaelic-speaking Celt in Ireland or Scotland or the Isle of Man.
17. Before noon.
20. A colorless odorless gaseous element that give a red glow in a vacuum tube.
21. Fallow deer.
23. On or toward the lee.
25. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
26. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
27. A lyric poem with complex stanza forms.
28. Counting the number of white and red blood cells and the number of platelets in 1 cubic millimeter of blood.
29. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
33. A kind of heavy jacket (`windcheater' is a British term).
37. A state in midwestern United States.
39. Liquid containing proteins and electrolytes including the liquid in blood plasma and interstitial fluid.
40. Plant having a large slender white bulb and flat overlapping dark green leaves.
41. Any of a number of fishes of the family Carangidae.
45. Either of two folds of skin that can be moved to cover or open the eye.
48. The bill in a restaurant.
49. A doctor's degree in education.
50. A small cake leavened with yeast.
51. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
1. Submerged aquatic plant having narrow leaves and small flowers.
2. Small terrestrial lizard of warm regions of the Old World.
3. Seed of a pea plant.
4. An upholstered seat for more than one person.
5. A genus of Ploceidae.
6. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
7. Primitive chlorophyll-containing mainly aquatic eukaryotic organisms lacking true stems and roots and leaves.
8. The cry made by sheep.
9. Divisible by two.
10. (British) An open river valley (in a hilly area).
18. A light touch or stroke.
19. A summary that repeats the substance of a longer discussion.
22. (British) A waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric.
24. Resinlike substance secreted by certain lac insects.
30. Round object that is hit or thrown or kicked in games.
31. A piece of furniture that provides a place to sleep.
32. Date used in reckoning dates before the supposed year Christ was born.
34. A long noosed rope used to catch animals.
35. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
36. Jordan's port.
38. Harsh or corrosive in tone.
39. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
42. A condition (mostly in boys) characterized by behavioral and learning disorders.
43. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
44. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
46. A soft heavy toxic malleable metallic element.
47. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.