1. (Scotland) A small loaf or roll of soft bread.
4. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
8. A federal agency established to regulate the release of new foods and health-related products.
11. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
12. A French abbot.
13. The syllable naming the sixth (submediant) note of a major or minor scale in solmization.
14. (informal) Exceptionally good.
15. Extinct flightless bird of New Zealand.
16. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
17. (usually followed by `to') Naturally disposed toward.
19. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
23. A tax on employees and employers that is used to fund the Social Security system.
25. The capital of Croatia.
27. A religious belief of African origin involving witchcraft and sorcery.
29. Being one more than two.
30. The place where people vote.
32. Mosses similar to those of genus Bryum but larger.
36. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
37. The basic unit of electric current adopted under the System International d'Unites.
39. Type genus of the Gliridae.
40. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
42. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
45. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
46. The sense organ for hearing and equilibrium.
48. Type genus of the Muridae.
49. The executive agency that advises the President on the federal budget.
50. With no effort to conceal.
51. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
1. A small cake leavened with yeast.
2. An association of people to promote the welfare of senior citizens.
3. The fleshy part of the human body that you sit on.
4. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
5. A defensive missile designed to shoot down incoming intercontinental ballistic missiles.
6. A dark-skinned member of a race of people living in Australia when Europeans arrived.
7. An accidental hole that allows something (fluid or light etc.) to enter or escape.
8. Loose or flaccid body fat.
9. (Irish) Mother of the Tuatha De Danann.
10. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
18. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
20. Border consisting of anything placed on the edge to finish something (such as a fringe on clothing or on a rug).
21. 1 species.
22. A type of submachine gun that is designed and manufactured in Israel.
24. A pass between mountain peaks.
26. An anticipated outcome that is intended or that guides your planned actions.
28. A belief (or system of beliefs) accepted as authoritative by some group or school.
31. English scholastic philosopher and assumed author of Occam's Razor (1285-1349).
33. Tropical American tree grown in southern United States having a whitish pink-tinged fruit.
34. A member of a Turkic people of Chinese Turkestan and neighboring areas (formerly of Mongolia and eastern Turkestan).
35. Small shrubby African tree having compound leaves and racemes of small fragrant green flowers.
38. A metabolic acid found in yeast and liver cells.
41. Someone who engages in arbitrage (who purchases securities in one market for immediate resale in another in the hope of profiting from the price differential).
43. A logarithmic unit of sound intensity equal to 10 decibels.
44. A condition (mostly in boys) characterized by behavioral and learning disorders.
47. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.