1. A guided missile fired from shipboard against an airborne target.
4. (computer science) Protocol that allows users to copy files between their local system and any system they can reach on the network.
7. Designer drug designed to have the effects of amphetamines (it floods the brain with serotonin) but to avoid the drug laws.
11. An accountant certified by the state.
12. The longer of the two telegraphic signals used in Morse code.
13. Not only so, but.
14. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
15. Jordan's port.
17. The syllable naming the fourth (subdominant) note of the diatonic scale in solmization.
18. (informal) Exceptionally good.
20. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
22. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
23. A metallic element having four allotropic forms.
24. A software system that facilitates the creation and maintenance and use of an electronic database.
26. A plant hormone promoting elongation of stems and roots.
27. (sports) The chief official (as in boxing or American football) who is expected to ensure fair play.
28. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
31. Stout-bodied insect with large membranous wings.
37. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
38. Aircraft landing in bad weather in which the pilot is talked down by ground control using precision approach radar.
40. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
41. A committee in the executive branch of government that advises the president on foreign and military and national security.
45. The branch of computer science that deal with writing computer programs that can solve problems creatively.
46. (used as a combining form) Recent or new.
47. Covered or soaked with a liquid such as water.
48. A Tibetan or Mongolian priest of Lamaism.
50. The part of the nervous system of vertebrates that controls involuntary actions of the smooth muscles and heart and glands.
51. Goddess of criminal rashness and its punishment.
52. Wearing or provided with clothing.
1. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
2. South American armadillo with three bands of bony plates.
3. God of death.
4. A federal agency established to regulate the release of new foods and health-related products.
5. The basic unit of money in Bangladesh.
6. Drought-resistant Asiatic treelike shrub bearing pleasantly acid small red edible fruits commonly used in sherbets.
7. Type genus of the family Myacidae.
8. A Mid-Atlantic state.
9. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
10. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
16. A small cake leavened with yeast.
19. Talks a great deal about uninteresting topics.
21. Chromatic purity.
25. (British) A waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric.
29. A public promotion of some product or service.
30. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
32. Realistic Norwegian author who wrote plays on social and political themes (1828-1906).
33. Metal or plastic sheath over the end of a shoelace or ribbon.
34. Thigh of a hog (usually smoked).
35. Small terrestrial lizard of warm regions of the Old World.
36. Submerged aquatic plant having narrow leaves and small flowers.
39. Make reference to.
42. Ratio of the adjacent side to the hypotenuse.
43. A group of African language in the Niger-Congo group spoken from the Ivory Coast east to Nigeria.
44. Considerate and solicitous care.
49. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.