1. A caustic detergent useful for removing grease.
4. The battle in 202 BC in which Scipio decisively defeated Hannibal at the end of the second Punic War.
8. The compass point that is one point south of due east.
11. (British) A waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric.
12. Advanced in years.
13. (Scotland) A small loaf or roll of soft bread.
14. A benevolent aspect of Devi.
15. Mentally or physically infirm with age.
16. The compass point that is one point east (clockwise) of due north.
17. British physicist (born in Hungary) noted for his work on holography (1900-1979).
19. A rare silvery (usually trivalent) metallic element.
21. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
22. Freed from illness or injury.
25. A lipoprotein that transports cholesterol in the blood.
28. The cry made by sheep.
29. A mature blood cell that contains hemoglobin to carry oxygen to the bodily tissues.
30. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
32. Any of a number of fishes of the family Carangidae.
35. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
37. The Mongol people living the the central and eastern parts of Outer Mongolia.
41. African tree having an exceedingly thick trunk and fruit that resembles a gourd and has an edible pulp called monkey bread.
45. A branch of the Tai languages.
46. A city in northern India.
47. A plant hormone promoting elongation of stems and roots.
50. A master's degree in business.
51. Being or occurring in fact or actuality.
52. A white linen liturgical vestment with sleeves.
53. Tag the base runner to get him out.
54. English monk and scholar (672-735).
55. An enclosed space.
56. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
1. Marked by excessive complacency or self-satisfaction.
2. A Tibetan or Mongolian priest of Lamaism.
3. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
4. The capital of Croatia.
5. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
6. The number that is represented as a one followed by 6 zeros.
7. A condensed but memorable saying embodying some important fact of experience that is taken as true by many people.
8. The compass point that is one point north of due east.
9. A small cake leavened with yeast.
10. A detailed description of design criteria for a piece of work.
18. A midwestern state in north central United States in the Great Lakes region.
20. A public promotion of some product or service.
23. An associate degree in applied science.
24. Resinlike substance secreted by certain lac insects.
26. A person forced to flee from home or country.
27. A chronic inflammatory collagen disease affecting connective tissue (skin or joints).
31. An esoteric or occult matter that is traditionally secret.
33. A state in northwestern North America.
34. Any of several small ungulate mammals of Africa and Asia with rodent-like incisors and feet with hooflike toes.
36. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
38. A genus of Lamnidae.
39. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
40. Jordan's port.
42. American novelist (1909-1955).
43. Toward the mouth or oral region.
44. Slanting diagonally across the grain of a fabric.
48. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
49. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).