1. Take in solid food.
4. An informal term for a father.
8. The residue that remains when something is burned.
11. Psychoactive substance present in marijuana.
12. A person who makes use of a thing.
13. Aircraft landing in bad weather in which the pilot is talked down by ground control using precision approach radar.
14. A period of time spent sleeping.
15. (Scottish) Bluish-black or gray-blue.
16. Thigh of a hog (usually smoked).
17. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
19. The face or front of a building.
21. (informal) Of the highest quality.
23. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
28. Having undesirable or negative qualities.
32. Marked by skill in deception.
35. West Indian tree having racemes of fragrant white flowers and yielding a durable timber and resinous juice.
39. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
40. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
41. Being two more than fifty.
45. A hospital unit staffed and equipped to provide intensive care.
47. (of securities) Not quoted on a stock exchange.
48. A coenzyme derived from the B vitamin nicotinic acid.
49. (Greek mythology) Goddess of the earth and mother of Cronus and the Titans in ancient mythology.
50. The cry made by sheep.
1. An inactive volcano in Sicily.
2. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
3. A protocol developed for the internet to get data from one network device to another.
4. Give a nickname to.
5. The sign language used in the United States.
6. Lacking or deprive of the sense of hearing wholly or in part.
7. A particular geographical region of indefinite boundary (usually serving some special purpose or distinguished by its people or culture or geography).
8. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
9. Any of a number of fishes of the family Carangidae.
10. Stable gear consisting of either of two curved supports that are attached to the collar of a draft horse and that hold the traces.
18. Extremely pleasing.
20. An informal conversation.
22. Angular distance above the horizon (especially of a celestial object).
24. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
25. A public promotion of some product or service.
26. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
27. An awkward stupid person.
29. Light informal conversation for social occasions.
30. One million periods per second.
31. A light touch or stroke.
33. Protective outer layer of seeds of flowering plants.
34. West Indian evergreen with medium to long leaves.
36. Type genus of the family Arcidae.
37. Praise, glorify, or honor.
38. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
42. Being one more than two.
43. An agency of the United Nations affiliated with the World Bank.
44. An elegantly dressed man (often with affected manners).
45. A public promotion of some product or service.
46. A soft white precious univalent metallic element having the highest electrical and thermal conductivity of any metal.