1. An accountant certified by the state.
4. A small cake leavened with yeast.
8. Hormone released by the hypothalamus that controls the release of thyroid-stimulating hormone from the anterior pituitary.
11. Consisting of or made of wood of the oak tree.
12. Any culture medium that uses agar as the gelling agent.
13. 4-wheeled motor vehicle.
14. The act of scanning.
15. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
16. Step on it.
17. The bill in a restaurant.
19. Having the equatorial diameter greater than the polar diameter.
21. A town and port in northwestern Israel in the eastern Mediterranean.
23. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
24. A logarithmic unit of sound intensity.
26. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
27. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
28. A rapid escape (as by criminals).
30. 35th President of the United States.
33. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
39. South American armadillo with three bands of bony plates.
42. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
43. (prefix) Bad or erroneous or lack of.
45. A sudden loss of consciousness resulting when the rupture or occlusion of a blood vessel leads to oxygen lack in the brain.
46. (informal) Of the highest quality.
47. An official language of the Republic of South Africa.
48. Thigh of a hog (usually smoked).
1. The total spent for goods or services including money and time and labor.
2. Large burrowing rodent of South and Central America.
3. Jordan's port.
4. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
5. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
6. Used as a Hindi courtesy title.
7. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
8. A landlocked desert republic in north-central Africa.
9. An Indian side dish of yogurt and chopped cucumbers and spices.
10. Freed from bondage.
18. Being one hundred more than two hundred.
20. A boy or man.
22. Conqueror of Gaul and master of Italy (100-44 BC).
25. A small pellet fired from an air rifle or BB gun.
29. The branch of computer science that deal with writing computer programs that can solve problems creatively.
31. Lower in esteem.
32. A rare silvery (usually trivalent) metallic element.
34. Surpassing the ordinary especially in size or scale.
35. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
36. German organist and contrapuntist (1685-1750).
37. (Polynesian) An alcoholic drink made from the aromatic roots of the kava shrub.
38. The biblical name for ancient Syria.
40. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
41. A unit of length of thread or yarn.
42. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
44. A highly unstable radioactive element (the heaviest of the halogen series).