1. (Irish) Mother of the Tuatha De Danann.
5. A federal agency that supervises carriers that transport goods and people between states.
8. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
11. Any of various strong liquors distilled from the fermented sap of toddy palms or from fermented molasses.
12. The cry made by sheep.
13. Someone who is morally reprehensible.
14. A percussion instrument consisting of a pair of hollow pieces of wood or bone (usually held between the thumb and fingers) that are made to click together (as by Spanish dancers) in rhythm with the dance.
15. A small pellet fired from an air rifle or BB gun.
17. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
18. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
19. An avalanche volcanic water and mud down the slopes of a volcano.
21. A federal agency established to coordinate programs aimed at reducing pollution and protecting the environment.
23. A doctor's degree in education.
24. A defensive missile designed to shoot down incoming intercontinental ballistic missiles.
27. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
29. (astronomy) A measure of time defined by Earth's orbital motion.
32. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
34. A heavy brittle diamagnetic trivalent metallic element (resembles arsenic and antimony chemically).
35. British informal term.
36. The airforce of Great Britain.
38. A small cake leavened with yeast.
46. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
49. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
50. A hospital unit staffed and equipped to provide intensive care.
51. A Loloish language.
52. Having leadership guidance.
53. A boy or man.
54. An official language of the Republic of South Africa.
55. An agency of the United Nations affiliated with the World Bank.
1. Fallow deer.
2. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
3. A lawman concerned with narcotics violations.
4. An edict of the Russian tsar.
5. A large Yoruba city in southwestern Nigeria.
6. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
7. A telegram sent abroad.
8. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
9. (Greek mythology) Goddess of the earth and mother of Cronus and the Titans in ancient mythology.
10. The sixth month of the civil year.
16. Having undesirable or negative qualities.
20. A television system that has more than the usual number of lines per frame so its pictures show more detail.
22. A metabolic acid found in yeast and liver cells.
25. A light strong brittle gray toxic bivalent metallic element.
26. A unit of information equal to one million (1,048,576) bytes.
28. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
30. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
31. A crystalline metallic element not found in nature.
33. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
37. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
39. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
40. (computer science) A data transmission rate (bits/second) for modems.
41. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
42. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
43. Surrealist Spanish painter (1904-1989).
44. In bed.
45. A quantity of no importance.
47. Tastelessness by virtue of being cheap and vulgar.
48. A Turkish unit of weight equal to about 2.75 pounds.