1. (Norse mythology) Wife of Thor and guardian of the home.
4. (Old Testament) The eldest son of Isaac who would have inherited the Covenant that God made with Abraham and that Abraham passed on to Isaac.
8. A group of African language in the Niger-Congo group spoken from the Ivory Coast east to Nigeria.
11. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
12. A book of the New Testament.
13. A graphical record of electrical activity of the brain.
14. A small cake leavened with yeast.
16. Before noon.
18. A state in northwestern North America.
19. Tag the base runner to get him out.
21. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
22. A colorless and odorless inert gas.
25. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
27. An independent agency of the United States government responsible for collecting and coordinating intelligence and counterintelligence activities abroad in the national interest.
29. How long something has existed.
31. A metrical unit with unstressed-stressed syllables.
32. An informal term for a father.
34. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
36. God of wealth and love.
37. A federal agency established to coordinate programs aimed at reducing pollution and protecting the environment.
40. A town and port in northwestern Israel in the eastern Mediterranean.
42. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
44. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
45. An intensely radioactive metallic element that occurs in minute amounts in uranium ores.
46. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
49. Plant with an elongated head of broad stalked leaves resembling celery.
51. (botany) Of or relating to the axil.
53. The cry made by sheep.
55. The state of matter distinguished from the solid and liquid states by.
56. Scottish sea captain who was hired to protect British shipping in the Indian Ocean and then was accused of piracy and hanged (1645-1701).
57. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
58. Fermented alcoholic beverage similar to but heavier than beer.
1. A island in the Netherlands Antilles that is the top of an extinct volcano.
2. A republic in the Middle East in western Asia.
3. Extremely pleasing.
4. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
5. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
6. A unit of pressure.
7. North American republic containing 50 states - 48 conterminous states in North America plus Alaska in northwest North America and the Hawaiian Islands in the Pacific Ocean.
8. Large brownish-green New Zealand parrot.
9. Flightless New Zealand rail of thievish disposition having short wings each with a spur used in fighting.
10. Any culture medium that uses agar as the gelling agent.
15. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
17. A sock with a separation for the big toe.
20. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
23. An informal term for a father.
24. Small beads made from polished shells and formerly used as money by native Americans.
26. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
28. A state in midwestern United States.
30. Aircraft landing in bad weather in which the pilot is talked down by ground control using precision approach radar.
33. On a ship, train, plane or other vehicle.
35. Having undesirable or negative qualities.
38. Proceeding from or ordered by or subject to a pope or the papacy regarded as the successor of the Apostles.
39. Lower in esteem.
41. Bushy plant of Old World salt marshes and sea beaches having prickly leaves.
42. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
43. An associate degree in nursing.
47. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
48. A light touch or stroke.
50. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
51. Unknown god.
52. A public promotion of some product or service.
54. A radioactive element of the actinide series.