1. Absent without permission.
5. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
8. A doctor's degree in dental medicine.
11. Goddess of the dead and queen of the underworld.
12. Being ten more than one hundred eighty.
13. A column of light (as from a beacon).
14. Jordan's port.
16. Lower in esteem.
18. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
19. A rapid bustling commotion.
21. British composer (1857-1934).
22. Plant with an elongated head of broad stalked leaves resembling celery.
24. A lipoprotein that transports cholesterol in the blood.
25. A wooden pin pushed or driven into a surface.
26. The Tibeto-Burman language spoken in the Dali region of Yunnan.
30. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
34. A public promotion of some product or service.
35. COmmon Business Oriented Language.
39. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
40. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
41. Small terrestrial lizard of warm regions of the Old World.
42. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
44. A very attractive or seductive looking woman.
46. The waging of armed conflict against an enemy.
47. Consisting of or made of wood of the oak tree.
48. A nearly horizontal passage from the surface into a mine.
49. A digital display that uses liquid crystal cells that change reflectivity in an applied electric field.
1. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
2. Flightless New Zealand rail of thievish disposition having short wings each with a spur used in fighting.
3. Leaf or strip from a leaf of the talipot palm used in India for writing paper.
4. Hungarian choreographer who developed Labanotation (1879-1958).
5. Being ten more than one hundred.
6. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
7. (Scottish) Bluish-black or gray-blue.
8. The phenomenon of resistance to motion through a fluid.
9. An independent group of closely related Chadic languages spoken in the area between the Biu-Mandara and East Chadic languages.
10. Someone whose job is to dye cloth.
15. (Babylonian) A demigod or first man.
17. (pathology) An elevation of the skin filled with serous fluid.
20. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
23. A soft white precious univalent metallic element having the highest electrical and thermal conductivity of any metal.
27. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
28. Large burrowing rodent of South and Central America.
29. A diacritical mark (two dots) placed over a vowel in German to indicate a change in sound.
31. A city in southern Turkey on the Seyhan River.
32. Wood of a sumac.
33. The hair growing on the lower part of a man's face.
36. Leaf or strip from a leaf of the talipot palm used in India for writing paper.
37. (computer science) A data transmission rate (bits/second) for modems.
38. A ship's small boat (usually rowed by 4 or 6 oars).
43. A state in northwestern North America.
44. An associate degree in nursing.
45. Being one more than fifty.