1. An informal term for a father.
5. A unit of absorbed ionizing radiation equal to 100 ergs per gram of irradiated material.
8. Inquire about.
11. A river that rises in northeastern Turkey (near the source of the Euphrates) and flows generally eastward through Armenia to the Caspian Sea.
12. (computer science) A coding system that incorporates extra parity bits in order to detect errors.
13. Aircraft landing in bad weather in which the pilot is talked down by ground control using precision approach radar.
14. A high-crowned black cap (usually made of felt or sheepskin) worn by men in Turkey and Iran and the Caucasus.
17. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
18. Having undesirable or negative qualities.
19. A metabolic acid found in yeast and liver cells.
23. King of Saudi Arabia from 1964 to 1975 (1906-1975).
25. A unit of dry measure used in Egypt.
27. Moth having nonfunctional mouthparts as adults.
29. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
30. A public promotion of some product or service.
31. In bed.
34. A detailed description of design criteria for a piece of work.
38. Informal terms for a mother.
39. A boy or man.
43. South American wood sorrel cultivated for its edible tubers.
44. A benevolent aspect of Devi.
45. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
46. A crystalline rock that can be cut and polished for jewelry.
47. A decree that prohibits something.
48. God of death.
49. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
1. Large burrowing rodent of South and Central America.
2. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
3. A close friend who accompanies his buddies in their activities.
4. Of southern Europe.
5. The process of remembering (especially the process of recovering information by mental effort).
6. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
7. The district occupied entirely by the city of Washington.
8. A city in northern India.
9. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
10. God of love and erotic desire.
15. On a ship, train, plane or other vehicle.
16. South American cavy.
20. The site of an archeological exploration.
21. (Old Testament) The second patriarch.
22. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
24. A soft white precious univalent metallic element having the highest electrical and thermal conductivity of any metal.
26. A light touch or stroke.
28. In societies practicing shamanism.
32. An independent ruler or chieftain (especially in Africa or Arabia).
33. The capital and largest city of Bangladesh.
35. The rate of moving (especially walking or running).
36. Mild yellow Dutch cheese made in balls.
37. A Tibetan or Mongolian priest of Lamaism.
40. An awkward and inexperienced youth.
41. Informal terms for a mother.
42. A health resort near a spring or at the seaside.
43. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.