1. A fatal disease of cattle that affects the central nervous system.
4. (Roman mythology) Goddess of abundance and fertility.
7. United States writer (born in Poland) who wrote in Yiddish (1880-1957).
11. A drug combination found in some over-the-counter headache remedies (Aspirin and Phenacetin and Caffeine).
12. (British) A waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric.
13. (Greek mythology) Goddess of the earth and mother of Cronus and the Titans in ancient mythology.
14. A police officer who investigates crimes.
15. A health resort near a spring or at the seaside.
16. A friendly nation.
17. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
20. Thickening of tissue in the motor tracts of the lateral columns and anterior horns of the spinal cord.
22. A master's degree in fine arts.
23. A byproduct of inflammation.
25. A fluorocarbon with chlorine.
28. A condition (mostly in boys) characterized by behavioral and learning disorders.
29. In bed.
31. Small European freshwater fish with a slender bluish-green body.
33. West Indian tree having racemes of fragrant white flowers and yielding a durable timber and resinous juice.
37. A small pellet fired from an air rifle or BB gun.
39. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
40. Genus of East Indian trees or shrubs.
42. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
44. Designer drug designed to have the effects of amphetamines (it floods the brain with serotonin) but to avoid the drug laws.
47. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
48. The compass point that is one point east (clockwise) of due north.
49. French physicist noted for research on magnetism (born in 1904).
50. Resinlike substance secreted by certain lac insects.
51. An informal term for a father.
52. The largest continent with 60% of the earth's population.
53. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
1. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
2. A detailed description of design criteria for a piece of work.
3. (computer science) A coding system that incorporates extra parity bits in order to detect errors.
4. A city in the Asian part of Russia.
5. An informal term for a father.
6. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
7. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
8. A deep bow.
9. Any small compartment.
10. United States lawyer and politician who formulated a production code that prescribed the moral content of United states films from 1930 to 1966 (1879-1954).
18. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
19. Before noon.
21. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
24. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali metal group.
26. A federal agency established to regulate the release of new foods and health-related products.
27. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
30. A light touch or stroke.
32. An esoteric or occult matter that is traditionally secret.
34. A genus of Lamnidae.
35. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
36. An indehiscent fruit derived from a single ovary having one or many seeds within a fleshy wall or pericarp.
38. A small cake leavened with yeast.
39. Being ten more than one hundred ninety.
41. The basic unit of money in Western Samoa.
42. An extension at the end and at right angles to the main building.
43. Having any of numerous bright or strong colors reminiscent of the color of blood or cherries or tomatoes or rubies.
45. A potent estrogen used in medicine and in feed for livestock and poultry.
46. Japanese ornamental tree with fragrant white or pink blossoms and small yellow fruits.