1. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
4. In bed.
8. An American doctorate usually based on at least 3 years graduate study and a dissertation.
11. A flexible container with a single opening.
12. A Tibetan or Mongolian priest of Lamaism.
13. A plant hormone promoting elongation of stems and roots.
14. An independent agency of the United States government responsible for collecting and coordinating intelligence and counterintelligence activities abroad in the national interest.
15. Cheap showy jewelry or ornament or clothing.
16. (astronomy) A measure of time defined by Earth's orbital motion.
17. A constitutional monarchy on the western part of the islands of Samoa in the South Pacific.
20. (informal) Of the highest quality.
23. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
25. The capital of Croatia.
26. An informal term for a father.
28. A master's degree in business.
30. Tropical starchy tuberous root.
34. Tag the base runner to get him out.
37. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
39. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
40. The sixth month of the civil year.
42. A line of argument rationalizing the course of action of a government.
44. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
46. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
47. (Old Testament) In Judeo-Christian mythology.
48. A nonmetallic largely pentavalent heavy volatile corrosive dark brown liquid element belonging to the halogens.
49. A bluish shade of green.
1. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
2. (Greek mythology) Goddess of the earth and mother of Cronus and the Titans in ancient mythology.
3. Small terrestrial lizard of warm regions of the Old World.
4. Primitive chlorophyll-containing mainly aquatic eukaryotic organisms lacking true stems and roots and leaves.
5. The cry made by sheep.
6. Any of various systems of units for measuring electricity and magnetism.
7. An informal term for a father.
8. (Middle East) Usually small round bread that can open into a pocket for filling.
9. A pilgrimage to Mecca.
10. A collection of facts from which conclusions may be drawn.
18. English scholastic philosopher and assumed author of Occam's Razor (1285-1349).
19. East Indian cereal grass whose seed yield a somewhat bitter flour, a staple in the Orient.
21. A type of submachine gun that is designed and manufactured in Israel.
22. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
24. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
27. Light informal conversation for social occasions.
29. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
31. Occurring or done each day.
32. The capital and largest city of Bangladesh.
33. Of or relating to the former Indo-European people.
35. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
36. A small cake leavened with yeast.
38. South American armadillo with three bands of bony plates.
39. A public promotion of some product or service.
41. The most common computer memory which can be used by programs to perform necessary tasks while the computer is on.
43. Resinlike substance secreted by certain lac insects.
44. A hard gray lustrous metallic element that is highly corrosion-resistant.
45. A logarithmic unit of sound intensity.