1. The federal agency that insures residential mortgages.
4. Greenish-yellow pear.
8. The compass point that is one point south of due east.
11. A former agency (from 1946 to 1974) that was responsible for research into atomic energy and its peacetime uses in the United States.
12. Plant with an elongated head of broad stalked leaves resembling celery.
13. Resinlike substance secreted by certain lac insects.
14. The most common computer memory which can be used by programs to perform necessary tasks while the computer is on.
15. A large round wicker basket (used on farms).
16. A master's degree in business.
17. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
20. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
21. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
24. A light touch or stroke.
26. A cylindrical drawstring bag used by sailors to hold their clothing and other gear.
28. A Hindu prince or king in India.
31. Obvious and dull.
33. Affected manners intended to impress others.
34. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
36. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
37. A public promotion of some product or service.
38. A defensive missile designed to shoot down incoming intercontinental ballistic missiles.
41. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
45. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
47. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
50. An associate degree in applied science.
51. An accountant certified by the state.
52. A person who has lied or who lies repeatedly.
53. Government agency created in 1974 to license and regulate nuclear power plants.
54. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
55. An informal term for a father.
56. A doctor's degree in preventive medicine.
1. A card game in which players bet against the dealer on the cards he will draw from a dealing box.
2. A collection of objects laid on top of each other.
3. The highest level or degree attainable.
4. A bachelor's degree in naval science.
5. Consisting of or made of wood of the oak tree.
6. A detailed description of design criteria for a piece of work.
7. A tight-fitting headdress.
8. Any of various trees of the genus Ulmus.
9. A small cake leavened with yeast.
10. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
18. An esoteric or occult matter that is traditionally secret.
19. A percussion instrument consisting of a pair of hollow pieces of wood or bone (usually held between the thumb and fingers) that are made to click together (as by Spanish dancers) in rhythm with the dance.
22. A local computer network for communication between computers.
23. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
25. The Tibeto-Burman language spoken in the Dali region of Yunnan.
27. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
29. A son who has the same first name as his father.
30. A very poisonous metallic element that has three allotropic forms.
32. A white soft metallic element that tarnishes readily.
35. (Babylonian) A demigod or first man.
39. With no effort to conceal.
40. Type genus of the Majidae.
42. Relating to or characteristic of or occurring on land.
43. The lean flesh of a fish that is often farmed.
44. United States writer (born in Poland) who wrote in Yiddish (1880-1957).
46. A room or establishment where alcoholic drinks are served over a counter.
48. A unit of absorbed ionizing radiation equal to 100 ergs per gram of irradiated material.
49. A period marked by distinctive character or reckoned from a fixed point or event.