1. A barrier constructed to contain the flow or water or to keep out the sea.
4. Ancient Italian deity in human shape, with horns, pointed ears and a goat's tail.
8. The compass point that is one point south of due east.
11. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
12. (Irish) Mother of the Tuatha De Danann.
13. Resinlike substance secreted by certain lac insects.
14. A room or establishment where alcoholic drinks are served over a counter.
15. Lacking sufficient water or rainfall.
16. Type genus of the family Myacidae.
17. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
19. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
21. A public promotion of some product or service.
22. Events that provide the generative force that is the origin of something.
25. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
27. A long thin fluffy scarf of feathers or fur.
28. 3 to 30 gigahertz.
29. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
34. A plant hormone promoting elongation of stems and roots.
35. Coffee-flavored liqueur made in Mexico.
37. The atomic weight of an element that has the same combining capacity as a given weight of another element.
38. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
40. King of Denmark and Norway who forced Edmund II to divide England with him.
43. A port city on the Caspian Sea that is the capital of Azerbaijan and an important center for oil production.
47. A rare silvery (usually trivalent) metallic element.
48. In bed.
49. An agency of the United Nations affiliated with the World Bank.
51. A small cake leavened with yeast.
52. An audiotape recording of sound.
53. An independent agency of the United States government responsible for collecting and coordinating intelligence and counterintelligence activities abroad in the national interest.
1. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
2. Any culture medium that uses agar as the gelling agent.
3. A percussion instrument consisting of a pair of hollow pieces of wood or bone (usually held between the thumb and fingers) that are made to click together (as by Spanish dancers) in rhythm with the dance.
4. A federal agency established to regulate the release of new foods and health-related products.
5. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
6. An agency of the United Nations responsible for programs to aid education and the health of children and mothers in developing countries.
7. A quantity of no importance.
8. Any of various trees of the genus Ulmus.
9. Common Indian weaverbird.
10. Any of a number of fishes of the family Carangidae.
18. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
20. The cry made by sheep.
23. Capital of modern Macedonia.
24. Any branch of Shinto other than Kokka.
26. A mound of stones piled up as a memorial or to mark a boundary or path.
30. An intensely radioactive metallic element that occurs in minute amounts in uranium ores.
31. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
32. Type genus of the Alaudidae.
33. A ductile silvery-white ductile ferromagnetic trivalent metallic element of the rare earth group.
36. Jordan's port.
37. The month following February and preceding April.
39. Tropical starchy tuberous root.
41. Large sweet juicy hybrid between tangerine and grapefruit having a thick wrinkled skin.
42. The basic unit of money in Bangladesh.
44. God of the earth.
45. A resource.
46. Take in solid food.
50. An international organization of European countries formed after World War II to reduce trade barriers and increase cooperation among its members.