1. An independent group of closely related Chadic languages spoken in the area between the Biu-Mandara and East Chadic languages.
5. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
8. Goddess of the dead and queen of the underworld.
11. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
12. A rotating disk shaped to convert circular into linear motion.
13. A federal agency established to coordinate programs aimed at reducing pollution and protecting the environment.
14. Of or relating to or characteristic of the people or language of Malaysia and the N Malay Peninsula and parts of the W Malay Archipelago.
15. Of or relating to or measured in ohms.
16. A Turkish unit of weight equal to about 2.75 pounds.
19. (informal) Of the highest quality.
20. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
22. A clique that seeks power usually through intrigue.
24. A software system that facilitates the creation and maintenance and use of an electronic database.
25. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
28. Tropical starchy tuberous root.
30. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
32. (Roman mythology) Goddess of abundance and fertility.
35. Informal terms for a mother.
36. European freshwater game fish with a thick spindle-shaped body.
39. Top part of an apron.
42. An alloy of copper and zinc (and sometimes arsenic) used to imitate gold in cheap jewelry and for gilding.
45. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
46. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
48. The basic unit of money in Western Samoa.
49. The last (12th) month of the year.
50. A unit of absorbed ionizing radiation equal to 100 ergs per gram of irradiated material.
51. In bed.
52. Being ten more than one hundred ninety.
1. Black honeycreepers with yellow feathers around the tail.
2. Any of various strong liquors distilled from the fermented sap of toddy palms or from fermented molasses.
3. A deep bow.
4. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
5. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
6. A rare silvery (usually trivalent) metallic element.
7. Naked freshwater or marine or parasitic protozoa that form temporary pseudopods for feeding and locomotion.
8. Relating to the blood vessels or blood.
9. Surpassing the ordinary especially in size or scale.
10. A cord that is drawn through eyelets or around hooks in order to draw together two edges (as of a shoe or garment).
17. Any of a number of fishes of the family Carangidae.
18. A member of an agricultural people of southern India.
21. A fatal disease of cattle that affects the central nervous system.
23. (Old Testament) In Judeo-Christian mythology.
26. Date used in reckoning dates before the supposed year Christ was born.
27. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
29. The district occupied entirely by the city of Washington.
31. 1 species.
33. Electronic equipment that converts sound into electrical signals that can be transmitted over distances and then converts received signals back into sounds.
34. Wood of a sumac.
35. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
37. A small pellet fired from an air rifle or BB gun.
38. Long green edible beaked pods of the okra plant.
40. A small island.
41. A small ball with a hole through the middle.
43. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
44. The 7th letter of the Greek alphabet.
47. A public promotion of some product or service.