1. Resinlike substance secreted by certain lac insects.
4. Fallow deer.
8. American prizefighter who won the world heavyweight championship three times (born in 1942).
11. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
12. A republic in the Middle East in western Asia.
13. Imperial dynasty that ruled China (most of the time) from 206 BC to 221 and expanded its boundaries and developed its bureaucracy.
14. A unit of length equal to one thousandth of an inch.
15. Any of various minerals consisting of hydrous silicates of aluminum or potassium etc. that crystallize in forms that allow perfect cleavage into very thin leaves.
16. Electrical conduction through a gas in an applied electric field.
17. Divulge information or secrets.
19. A coffee cake flavored with orange rind and raisins and almonds.
21. A flexible container with a single opening.
24. A long thin fluffy scarf of feathers or fur.
25. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
32. Small terrestrial lizard of warm regions of the Old World.
36. Either of two spiral-horned antelopes of the African bush.
41. (botany) Of or relating to the axil.
43. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
44. A decree that prohibits something.
46. A hotel providing overnight lodging for travelers.
47. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
48. A small cake leavened with yeast.
49. East Indian tree bearing a profusion of intense vermilion velvet-textured blooms and yielding a yellow dye.
1. Young sheep.
2. A blue dye obtained from plants or made synthetically.
3. West Indian tree having racemes of fragrant white flowers and yielding a durable timber and resinous juice.
4. Lacking in light.
5. Lacking sufficient water or rainfall.
6. (British) A waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric.
7. Jordan's port.
8. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
9. North American yellow-breasted songbirds.
10. A ruler of the Inca Empire (or a member of his family).
18. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
20. A public promotion of some product or service.
22. Mentally or physically infirm with age.
23. The cry made by sheep.
26. A gonadotropic hormone that is secreted by the anterior pituitary.
27. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
28. Date used in reckoning dates before the supposed year Christ was born.
29. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
30. An Asian river between China and Russia.
31. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
33. A Russian prison camp for political prisoners.
34. A city in southern Turkey on the Seyhan River.
35. A member of the Siouan people formerly living in the Missouri river valley in NE Nebraska.
37. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
38. A sudden short attack.
39. The template for protein synthesis.
40. An American who lives in the North (especially during the American Civil War).
42. A state of southwestern India.
45. A soft gray ductile metallic element used in alloys.