1. A federal agency established to regulate the release of new foods and health-related products.
4. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
8. The part of the nervous system of vertebrates that controls involuntary actions of the smooth muscles and heart and glands.
11. The syllable naming the sixth (submediant) note of a major or minor scale in solmization.
12. Leaf or strip from a leaf of the talipot palm used in India for writing paper.
13. The last (12th) month of the year.
14. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
15. No longer having or seeming to have or expecting to have life.
16. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
17. A small cake leavened with yeast.
19. A city in northeastern Ohio.
21. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali metal group.
24. Offering little or no hope.
27. A statement of fundamental facts or principles.
29. A wad of something chewable as tobacco.
31. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
32. An intensely radioactive metallic element that occurs in minute amounts in uranium ores.
33. Made agreeably cold (especially by ice).
36. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
38. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
41. A state in the eastern United States.
42. The airforce of Great Britain.
44. Give a nickname to.
47. The 7th letter of the Greek alphabet.
48. A light touch or stroke.
49. Meat from a domestic hog or pig.
50. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
51. Used of a single unit or thing.
52. An endorsement made in a passport that allows the bearer to enter the country issuing it v 1.
53. (informal) Being satisfactory or in satisfactory condition.
1. Loose or flaccid body fat.
2. (Irish) Mother of the Tuatha De Danann.
3. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
4. Surface layer of ground containing a matt of grass and grass roots.
5. A musical notation written on a staff indicating the pitch of the notes following it.
6. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
7. A member of an agricultural people of southern India.
8. A public promotion of some product or service.
9. (Babylonian) God of wisdom and agriculture and patron of scribes and schools.
10. The act of scanning.
18. A member of a widespread group of Amerindians living in northeastern South America.
20. A river of southwestern Africa that rises in central Angola and flows east and then north (forming part of the border between Angola and Congo) and continuing northwest through Congo to empty into the Congo River on the border between Congo and Republic of the Congo.
22. A radioactive transuranic element.
23. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
25. A gonadotropic hormone that is secreted by the anterior pituitary.
26. The sense organ for hearing and equilibrium.
28. A federal agency that supervises carriers that transport goods and people between states.
30. Inhabitant of the island of Cebu.
34. American civil rights worker in Mississippi.
35. The capital and largest city of Bangladesh.
37. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
39. Tropical starchy tuberous root.
40. A French abbot.
43. At a great distance in time or space or degree.
45. An oral poliovirus vaccine (containing live but weakened poliovirus) that is given to provide immunity to poliomyelitis.
46. Hawaiian dish of taro root pounded to a paste and often allowed to ferment.