1. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
4. Seed of a pea plant.
7. Open-heart surgery in which the rib cage is opened and a section of a blood vessel is grafted from the aorta to the coronary artery to bypass the blocked section of the coronary artery and improve the blood supply to the heart.
11. An informal term for a father.
12. An ugly evil-looking old woman.
13. Small buffalo of the Celebes having small straight horns.
14. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
16. A gradual decline (in size or strength or power or number).
17. Tall perennial herb of tropical Asia with dark green leaves.
18. Primitive chlorophyll-containing mainly aquatic eukaryotic organisms lacking true stems and roots and leaves.
19. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
21. Light informal conversation for social occasions.
24. (folklore) Fairies that are somewhat mischievous.
26. Type genus of the Anatidae.
30. (informal) Exceptionally good.
32. An edge tool used to cut and shape wood.
34. Top part of an apron.
35. A river that rises in central Germany and flows north to join the Elbe River.
37. The capital and largest city of Yemen.
41. A rare silvery (usually trivalent) metallic element.
44. A Turkish unit of weight equal to about 2.75 pounds.
45. The habitation of wild animals.
49. A light touch or stroke.
50. (of a young animal) Abandoned by its mother and raised by hand.
51. The 7th letter of the Greek alphabet.
52. (Babylonian) The sky god.
53. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
54. A metric unit of volume or capacity equal to 10 liters.
55. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
1. The sixth month of the civil year.
2. A small cake leavened with yeast.
3. Being one hundred more than three hundred.
4. The cardinal number that is the sum of four and one.
5. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
6. Advanced in years.
7. An esoteric or occult matter that is traditionally secret.
8. A blue dye obtained from plants or made synthetically.
9. Ring loudly and deeply, as of bells.
10. Mentally or physically infirm with age.
15. An independent agency of the United States government responsible for collecting and coordinating intelligence and counterintelligence activities abroad in the national interest.
20. By bad luck.
22. A colorless and odorless inert gas.
23. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
25. A federal agency established to regulate the release of new foods and health-related products.
27. The compass point that is one point east (clockwise) of due north.
28. The branch of computer science that deal with writing computer programs that can solve problems creatively.
29. A metallic element having four allotropic forms.
31. Aircraft landing in bad weather in which the pilot is talked down by ground control using precision approach radar.
33. The capital of Croatia.
36. A white soft metallic element that tarnishes readily.
38. A Kwa language spoken in Ghana and the Ivory Coast.
39. (Babylonian) God of wisdom and agriculture and patron of scribes and schools.
40. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
42. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
43. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
46. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
47. An agency of the United Nations affiliated with the World Bank.
48. A piece of furniture that provides a place to sleep.