1. A syndrome that occurs in many women from 2 to 14 days before the onset of menstruation.
4. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
8. The vessel that contains the seeds of a plant (not the seeds themselves).
11. The residue that remains when something is burned.
12. A detailed description of design criteria for a piece of work.
13. A federal agency established to coordinate programs aimed at reducing pollution and protecting the environment.
14. (sports) The chief official (as in boxing or American football) who is expected to ensure fair play.
15. (chemistry) P(otential of) H(ydrogen).
16. (architecture) Forming or resembling an arch.
18. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
22. An inn in some Eastern countries with a large courtyard that provides accommodation for caravans.
23. The capital of Croatia.
25. Naked freshwater or marine or parasitic protozoa that form temporary pseudopods for feeding and locomotion.
26. An island in Indonesia south of Borneo.
29. An unnaturally frenzied or distraught woman.
33. 100 avos equal 1 pataca.
35. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
36. A sheet or band of fibrous connective tissue separating or binding together muscles and organs etc.
37. A legally binding command or decision entered on the court record (as if issued by a court or judge).
38. The federal agency that insures residential mortgages.
39. The (prehensile) extremity of the superior limb.
43. Any of various primates with short tails or no tail at all.
44. Aromatic bulb used as seasoning.
45. A software system that facilitates the creation and maintenance and use of an electronic database.
46. A doctor's degree in education.
1. (obstetrics) The number of live-born children a woman has delivered.
2. One thousandth of a second.
3. 3 to 30 gigahertz.
4. Made of wood of the aspen tree n.
5. Enlarged prostate.
6. A ductile gray metallic element of the lanthanide series.
7. The act of scanning.
8. Either of two large muscles of the chest.
9. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
10. Panel forming the lower part of an interior wall when it is finished differently from the rest.
17. Popular music originating in the West Indies.
19. The capital and largest city of Yemen.
20. Generic term for inflammatory conditions of the skin.
21. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
24. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
27. A genus of Indriidae.
28. Relating to or designed for or using the singing voice.
30. Submerged aquatic plant having narrow leaves and small flowers.
31. With the mouth wide open as in wonder or awe.
32. Marked by features of the immediate and usually discounted past.
34. King of Saudi Arabia since 1982 (born in 1922).
35. (chemistry) P(otential of) H(ydrogen).
40. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
41. A metric unit of length equal to one billionth of a meter.
42. An honorary degree in science.