1. A federal agency established to regulate the release of new foods and health-related products.
4. (Scotland) A small loaf or roll of soft bread.
7. A commercial leavening agent containing yeast cells.
11. The syllable naming the sixth (submediant) note of a major or minor scale in solmization.
12. Earnest and conscientious activity intended to do or accomplish something.
13. A particular geographical region of indefinite boundary (usually serving some special purpose or distinguished by its people or culture or geography).
14. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
15. Fiddler crabs.
16. A woman hired to suckle a child of someone else.
17. Used as a Hindi courtesy title.
20. The compass point that is one point east (clockwise) of due north.
22. (Sumerian) Evil storm god represented as a black bird.
25. South American wood sorrel cultivated for its edible tubers.
26. An independent agency of the United States government responsible for collecting and coordinating intelligence and counterintelligence activities abroad in the national interest.
27. Indian tree having fragrant nocturnal white flowers and yielding a reddish wood used for planking.
29. Tropical starchy tuberous root.
33. A colorless and odorless inert gas.
35. A master's degree in education.
40. Being six more than fifty.
41. A decree that prohibits something.
42. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
43. A healthy capacity for vigorous activity.
44. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
45. God of love and erotic desire.
46. The 7th letter of the Greek alphabet.
1. Loose or flaccid body fat.
2. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
3. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
4. A unit of heat equal to the amount of heat required to raise one pound of water one degree Fahrenheit at one atmosphere pressure.
5. Constructed with or in the form of an arch or arches.
6. 100 pyas equal 1 kyat.
7. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
8. A large fleet.
9. A large quantity of written matter.
10. A member of the Siouan people formerly living in the Missouri river valley in NE Nebraska.
18. An agency of the United Nations responsible for programs to aid education and the health of children and mothers in developing countries.
19. That is to say.
21. Broken husks of the seeds of cereal grains that are separated from the flour by sifting.
23. A youthful male person.
24. The United Nations agency concerned with atomic energy.
28. Of or relating to or involving an area.
30. Turn up, loosen, or remove earth.
31. A crane-like device (usually one of a pair) for suspending or lowering equipment (as a lifeboat).
32. (Jungian psychology) The inner self (not the external persona) that is in touch with the unconscious.
34. A metabolic acid found in yeast and liver cells.
36. A nucleic acid consisting of large molecules shaped like a double helix.
37. Inquire about.
38. Aircraft landing in bad weather in which the pilot is talked down by ground control using precision approach radar.
39. Thigh of a hog (usually smoked).