1. Fiddler crabs.
4. A person active in party politics.
7. United States writer (born in Poland) who wrote in Yiddish (1880-1957).
11. A quantity of no importance.
12. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
13. Offering fun and gaiety.
14. (computer science) A measure of how densely information is packed on a storage medium.
15. A light touch or stroke.
16. An independent ruler or chieftain (especially in Africa or Arabia).
17. (architecture) Forming or resembling an arch.
20. Alternative names for the body of a human being.
21. Sluggish tailless Australian arboreal marsupial with gray furry ears and coat.
24. Being one more than fifty.
25. The capital of Croatia.
26. 1,000,000,000 periods per second.
27. (Apocrypha) Jewish heroine in one of the books of the Apocrypha.
29. Immense East Indian fruit resembling breadfruit of.
30. A telegram sent abroad.
34. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
37. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
38. An ugly evil-looking old woman.
43. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
44. A rotating disk shaped to convert circular into linear motion.
45. In or relating to or obtained from urine.
46. Having undesirable or negative qualities.
47. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
48. A quantity of no importance.
1. A member of a Turkic people of Uzbekistan and neighboring areas.
2. An oral antibiotic (trade name Cipro) used against serious bacterial infections of the skin or respiratory tract of urinary tract or bones or joints.
3. Situated at an apex.
4. A genus of Ploceidae.
5. Leaf or strip from a leaf of the talipot palm used in India for writing paper.
6. A workplace for the conduct of scientific research.
7. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
8. South Asian deer with three-tined antlers.
9. (Greek mythology) The Muse of history.
10. Not easy.
18. A Hebrew prophet in the Old Testament who opposed the worship of idols.
19. A small fragment.
22. A type of submachine gun that is designed and manufactured in Israel.
23. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
28. A monarchy in northwestern Europe occupying most of the British Isles.
31. An oil port in southern Iraq.
32. Long-winged web-footed aquatic bird of the gull family.
33. Any plant of the genus Erica.
35. A small cake leavened with yeast.
36. A Tibetan or Mongolian priest of Lamaism.
39. An anxiety disorder characterized by chronic free-floating anxiety and such symptoms as tension or sweating or trembling of light-headedness or irritability etc that has lasted for more than six months.
40. Aircraft landing in bad weather in which the pilot is talked down by ground control using precision approach radar.
41. An implement used to propel or steer a boat.
42. A typical star that is the source of light and heat for the planets in the solar system.