1. An aggressive remark directed at a person like a missile and intended to have a telling effect.
5. East Indian tree bearing a profusion of intense vermilion velvet-textured blooms and yielding a yellow dye.
8. Inquire about.
11. The inner and longer of the two bones of the human forearm.
12. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
13. Aircraft landing in bad weather in which the pilot is talked down by ground control using precision approach radar.
14. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
15. A digital display that uses liquid crystal cells that change reflectivity in an applied electric field.
16. Thigh of a hog (usually smoked).
17. (astronomy) The angular distance of a celestial point measured westward along the celestial equator from the zenith crossing.
18. Before noon.
20. A city in southern Turkey on the Seyhan River.
23. Being one more than two.
24. A genus of Ploceidae.
27. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
28. Tropical starchy tuberous root.
29. An open sore on the back of a horse caused by ill-fitting or badly adjusted saddle.
32. African tree having an exceedingly thick trunk and fruit that resembles a gourd and has an edible pulp called monkey bread.
36. The capital and largest city of Yemen.
40. Small terrestrial lizard of warm regions of the Old World.
41. A self-funded retirement plan that allows you to contribute a limited yearly sum toward your retirement.
42. (informal) Exceptionally good.
45. Tag the base runner to get him out.
46. A light touch or stroke.
47. English monk and scholar (672-735).
48. Relating to or containing the azo radical.
49. A Kwa language spoken by the Yoruba people in southwestern Nigeria.
50. At any time.
51. A zodiacal constellation in northern hemisphere between Cancer and Virgo.
1. A low woody perennial plant usually having several major branches.
2. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
3. A nucleic acid that transmits genetic information from DNA to the cytoplasm.
4. A small cake leavened with yeast.
5. A metric unit of volume or capacity equal to 10 liters.
6. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
7. A family of Sino-Tibetan languages spoken in southeastern Asia.
8. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
9. The act of scanning.
10. God of love and erotic desire.
19. A master's degree in fine arts.
21. A conversation between two persons.
22. A doctor's degree in education.
25. A public promotion of some product or service.
26. An informal term for a father.
30. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
31. (South African) A camp defended by a circular formation of wagons.
33. Obvious and dull.
34. Affect with wonder.
35. Used as a Hindi courtesy title.
37. Any of various strong liquors distilled from the fermented sap of toddy palms or from fermented molasses.
38. (Babylonian) God of wisdom and agriculture and patron of scribes and schools.
39. A French abbot.
40. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
43. Rate of revolution of a motor.
44. A sweetened beverage of diluted fruit juice.