1. The longer of the two telegraphic signals used in Morse code.
4. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
8. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
11. A self-funded retirement plan that allows you to contribute a limited yearly sum toward your retirement.
12. Primitive chlorophyll-containing mainly aquatic eukaryotic organisms lacking true stems and roots and leaves.
13. United States liquid unit equal to 4 quarts or 3.785 liters.
14. An unabridged dictionary constructed on historical principles.
15. Large elliptical brightly colored deep-sea fish of Atlantic and Pacific and Mediterranean.
16. A nucleic acid that transmits genetic information from DNA to the cytoplasm.
17. The seventh month of the Moslem calendar.
20. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
22. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
23. A nucleic acid consisting of large molecules shaped like a double helix.
26. Having undesirable or negative qualities.
28. Blood cells that engulf and digest bacteria and fungi.
29. Offering fun and gaiety.
31. A correctional institution used to detain persons who are in the lawful custody of the government (either accused persons awaiting trial or convicted persons serving a sentence).
34. A soft white precious univalent metallic element having the highest electrical and thermal conductivity of any metal.
35. The Mongol people living the the central and eastern parts of Outer Mongolia.
39. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
41. A public promotion of some product or service.
43. Overgrown with ivy.
44. An ugly evil-looking old woman.
46. (prefix) Indicating difference or variation.
49. A master's degree in business.
50. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
51. The United Nations agency concerned with atomic energy.
52. Cooking utensil consisting of a wide metal vessel.
53. The cry made by sheep.
54. The act of scanning.
55. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
1. French couturier whose first collection in 1947 created a style (tight bodice and narrow waist and flowing pleated skirt) that became known as the New Look (1905-1957).
2. A particular geographical region of indefinite boundary (usually serving some special purpose or distinguished by its people or culture or geography).
3. A pilgrimage to Mecca.
4. African tree having an exceedingly thick trunk and fruit that resembles a gourd and has an edible pulp called monkey bread.
5. Any high mountain.
6. Any culture medium that uses agar as the gelling agent.
7. The syllable naming the sixth (submediant) note of a major or minor scale in solmization.
8. A city in northern India.
9. Type genus of the Ranidae.
10. By bad luck.
18. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
19. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
21. A flexible container with a single opening.
24. A silvery soft waxy metallic element of the alkali metal group.
25. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
27. East Indian tree bearing a profusion of intense vermilion velvet-textured blooms and yielding a yellow dye.
30. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
32. A resident of Ohio.
33. A room equipped with toilet facilities.
36. A rye bread made with molasses or brown sugar.
37. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
38. A city in southern Turkey on the Seyhan River.
40. A small cake leavened with yeast.
42. A platform raised above the surrounding level to give prominence to the person on it.
43. A long-playing phonograph record.
45. Aircraft landing in bad weather in which the pilot is talked down by ground control using precision approach radar.
47. Resinlike substance secreted by certain lac insects.
48. A unit of length of thread or yarn.