1. Having undesirable or negative qualities.
4. An informal term for a father.
7. A French abbot.
11. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
12. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
13. Cheap showy jewelry or ornament or clothing.
14. An associate degree in applied science.
15. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
17. The compass point that is one point east (clockwise) of due north.
18. 16 ounces.
20. A device that, on receiving radar signals, transmits coded signals in response to help navigators determine their position.
25. Sluggish tailless Australian arboreal marsupial with gray furry ears and coat.
27. A room or establishment where alcoholic drinks are served over a counter.
30. Designer drug designed to have the effects of amphetamines (it floods the brain with serotonin) but to avoid the drug laws.
33. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
35. A tributary of the Ohio River.
39. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
42. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
43. Small room on a ship or boat where people sleep.
46. A public promotion of some product or service.
47. A colloid in a more solid form than a sol.
48. Harsh or corrosive in tone.
50. A doctor's degree in education.
51. A small cake leavened with yeast.
52. A plant hormone promoting elongation of stems and roots.
1. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
2. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
3. Any of several small ungulate mammals of Africa and Asia with rodent-like incisors and feet with hooflike toes.
4. A light touch or stroke.
5. Any culture medium that uses agar as the gelling agent.
6. An audiotape recording of sound.
7. A soft white precious univalent metallic element having the highest electrical and thermal conductivity of any metal.
8. (law) The seat for judges in a courtroom.
9. A lymph node that is inflamed and swollen because of plague or gonorrhea or tuberculosis.
10. Any place of complete bliss and delight and peace.
16. A large fleet.
19. West Indian tree having racemes of fragrant white flowers and yielding a durable timber and resinous juice.
21. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
22. A rotating disk shaped to convert circular into linear motion.
23. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
24. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
26. A doctor's degree in optometry.
28. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
29. A small pellet fired from an air rifle or BB gun.
31. A college town in central New York on Lake Cayuga.
32. Aircraft landing in bad weather in which the pilot is talked down by ground control using precision approach radar.
34. A decree that prohibits something.
36. In bed.
37. With no effort to conceal.
38. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
39. Primitive predaceous North American fish covered with hard scales and having long jaws with needle-like teeth.
40. A Hindu prince or king in India.
41. Tropical starchy tuberous root.
44. Top part of an apron.
45. An agency of the United Nations affiliated with the World Bank.
49. Being one more than one hundred.