1. (prefix) Within.
5. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
7. A speech defect that involves pronouncing s like voiceless th and z like voiced th.
11. The Tibeto-Burman language spoken in the Dali region of Yunnan.
12. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
13. Large burrowing rodent of South and Central America.
14. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
15. Having undesirable or negative qualities.
16. The sense organ for hearing and equilibrium.
17. Relating to or accompanying birth.
20. A percussion instrument consisting of a pair of hollow pieces of wood or bone (usually held between the thumb and fingers) that are made to click together (as by Spanish dancers) in rhythm with the dance.
23. Measure of the US economy adopted in 1991.
26. Submerged freshwater perennials.
30. Small terrestrial lizard of warm regions of the Old World.
33. South African term for `boss'.
34. A soft white precious univalent metallic element having the highest electrical and thermal conductivity of any metal.
35. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
36. Manufactured in standard sizes to be shipped and assembled elsewhere.
40. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
44. Rock that in its molten form (as magma) issues from volcanos.
45. American prizefighter who won the world heavyweight championship three times (born in 1942).
48. A city in the European part of Russia.
49. Used of a single unit or thing.
51. The most common computer memory which can be used by programs to perform necessary tasks while the computer is on.
52. (British) Your grandmother.
53. Any of the Hindu sacred writing.
54. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
1. Very dark black.
2. Plant with an elongated head of broad stalked leaves resembling celery.
3. Having relatively few calories.
4. English scholastic philosopher and assumed author of Occam's Razor (1285-1349).
5. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
6. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
7. A long-playing phonograph record.
8. The United Nations agency concerned with atomic energy.
9. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
10. (obstetrics) The number of live-born children a woman has delivered.
18. A white soft metallic element that tarnishes readily.
19. African tree having an exceedingly thick trunk and fruit that resembles a gourd and has an edible pulp called monkey bread.
21. A former agency (from 1946 to 1974) that was responsible for research into atomic energy and its peacetime uses in the United States.
22. Being ten more than one hundred forty.
24. 1/10 gram.
25. An informal term for a father.
27. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
28. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
29. A very poisonous metallic element that has three allotropic forms.
31. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
32. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
37. Type genus of the Ranidae.
38. Divisible by two.
39. A very young child (birth to 1 year) who has not yet begun to walk or talk.
40. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
41. A sensation (as of a cold breeze or bright light) that precedes the onset of certain disorders such as a migraine attack or epileptic seizure.
42. (old-fashioned) At or from or to a great distance.
43. A Tibetan or Mongolian priest of Lamaism.
46. Having leadership guidance.
47. An agency of the United Nations affiliated with the World Bank.
50. The eleventh month of the civil year.