1. A workplace for the conduct of scientific research.
4. Law intended to eradicate organized crime by establishing strong sanctions and forfeiture provisions.
8. The residue that remains when something is burned.
11. Gone by.
12. A material effigy that is worshipped as a god.
13. Aircraft landing in bad weather in which the pilot is talked down by ground control using precision approach radar.
14. A unit of electrical resistance equal to the resistance between two points on a conductor when a potential difference of one volt between them produces a current of one ampere.
15. A small restaurant where drinks and snacks are sold.
16. The most common computer memory which can be used by programs to perform necessary tasks while the computer is on.
17. A region of Malaysia in northeastern Borneo.
19. The face or front of a building.
21. A unit of surface area equal to 100 square meters.
22. Any member of the genus Physa.
23. (biology) Of unlike parts or organs.
29. A linguistic element added to a word to produce an inflected or derived form v 1.
30. The act of scanning.
33. A metric unit of volume or capacity equal to 10 liters.
34. A chain of connected ideas or passages or objects so arranged that each member is closely related to the preceding and following members (especially a series of patristic comments elucidating Christian dogma).
38. A transuranic element.
39. A particular geographical region of indefinite boundary (usually serving some special purpose or distinguished by its people or culture or geography).
43. A nucleic acid that transmits genetic information from DNA to the cytoplasm.
44. A hollow device made of metal that makes a ringing sound when struck.
45. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
46. At a great distance in time or space or degree.
47. Large sweet juicy hybrid between tangerine and grapefruit having a thick wrinkled skin.
48. Light informal conversation for social occasions.
1. A mountainous landlocked communist state in southeastern Asia.
2. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
3. A city in western India just off the coast of the Arabian Sea.
4. Evergreen trees or shrubs of mountains of Australia and Tasmania.
5. An agency of the United Nations affiliated with the World Bank.
6. Coffee trees.
7. Evergreen trees and shrubs having oily one-seeded fruits.
8. A city in northern India.
9. Any of a number of fishes of the family Carangidae.
10. Stable gear consisting of either of two curved supports that are attached to the collar of a draft horse and that hold the traces.
18. A poisonous colorless flammable gas used in organic synthesis and to dope transistors and as a poison gas in warfare.
20. An informal conversation.
24. An informal term for a father.
25. A federation of North American labor unions that merged with the Congress of Industrial Organizations in 1955.
26. A light strong gray lustrous corrosion-resistant metallic element used in strong light-weight alloys (as for airplane parts).
27. (combining form) Former.
28. A member of a nomadic Berber people of the Sahara.
31. Any plant of the genus Canna having large sheathing leaves and clusters of large showy flowers.
32. Essential oil or perfume obtained from flowers.
35. (Babylonian) God of wisdom and agriculture and patron of scribes and schools.
36. A small cake leavened with yeast.
37. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
40. An extension at the end and at right angles to the main building.
41. American prizefighter who won the world heavyweight championship three times (born in 1942).
42. 10 grams.
43. A public promotion of some product or service.