1. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
4. An ugly evil-looking old woman.
7. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
11. The part of the skull of a vertebrate that frames the mouth and holds the teeth.
12. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
13. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
14. Aromatic bulb used as seasoning.
15. Towards the side away from the wind.
16. A collection of facts from which conclusions may be drawn.
17. A state in midwestern United States.
19. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
21. The most common computer memory which can be used by programs to perform necessary tasks while the computer is on.
22. A condensed but memorable saying embodying some important fact of experience that is taken as true by many people.
24. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
26. The cry made by sheep.
31. A master's degree in business.
33. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
36. A hard gray lustrous metallic element that is highly corrosion-resistant.
38. (informal) Of the highest quality.
42. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
44. A master's degree in fine arts.
47. A light touch or stroke.
49. Blood cells that engulf and digest bacteria and fungi.
50. Someone who engages in arbitrage (who purchases securities in one market for immediate resale in another in the hope of profiting from the price differential).
51. Type genus of the Anatidae.
52. Consisting of or made of wood of the oak tree.
53. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
1. A genus of Platalea.
2. Submerged aquatic plant having narrow leaves and small flowers.
3. A pointed tool for marking surfaces or for punching small holes.
4. Ground snakes.
5. Fermented alcoholic beverage similar to but heavier than beer.
6. (Greek mythology) Goddess of the earth and mother of Cronus and the Titans in ancient mythology.
7. An informal term for a father.
8. The sixth month of the civil year.
9. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
10. (Old Testament) In Judeo-Christian mythology.
18. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
20. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
23. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
25. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
27. A workplace for the conduct of scientific research.
28. An anxiety disorder characterized by chronic free-floating anxiety and such symptoms as tension or sweating or trembling of light-headedness or irritability etc that has lasted for more than six months.
29. A trivalent metallic element of the rare earth group.
30. An intensely radioactive metallic element that occurs in minute amounts in uranium ores.
32. One of the evil spirits of traditional Jewish and Christian belief.
34. An enclosed space.
35. Being ten more than one hundred ninety.
37. South American armadillo with three bands of bony plates.
39. Gymnastic apparatus consisting of two parallel wooden bars supported on uprights.
40. A small cake leavened with yeast.
41. Related to or located at the back.
43. A gradual decline (in size or strength or power or number).
45. The federal agency that insures residential mortgages.
46. A bloody and prolonged operation in which American marines landed and defeated Japanese defenders (February and March 1945).
47. A hard gray lustrous metallic element that is highly corrosion-resistant.
48. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.