1. A belief (or system of beliefs) accepted as authoritative by some group or school.
4. Crowd or pack to capacity.
8. South American wood sorrel cultivated for its edible tubers.
11. A drug combination found in some over-the-counter headache remedies (Aspirin and Phenacetin and Caffeine).
12. A cruel and brutal fellow.
13. East Indian tree bearing a profusion of intense vermilion velvet-textured blooms and yielding a yellow dye.
14. A graphical record of electrical activity of the brain.
15. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
16. A nucleic acid consisting of large molecules shaped like a double helix.
17. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
19. Being one hundred more than three hundred.
20. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
25. Large edible mackerel of temperate United States coastal Atlantic waters.
27. Strike with disgust or revulsion.
29. Having a face or facing especially of a specified kind or number.
31. A metrical unit with unstressed-stressed syllables.
32. A small pellet fired from an air rifle or BB gun.
33. An honorary degree in science.
34. A small cake leavened with yeast.
40. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
45. Tastelessness by virtue of being cheap and vulgar.
46. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
47. Type genus of the family Myacidae.
48. The residue that remains when something is burned.
49. An official language of the Republic of South Africa.
50. An informal term for a father.
1. The United Nations agency concerned with atomic energy.
2. A detailed description of design criteria for a piece of work.
3. One millionth of a gram.
4. A closed sac that develops abnormally in some body structure.
5. Mythical bird of prey having enormous size and strength.
6. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
7. Large high frilly cap with a full crown.
8. Not divisible by two.
9. (astronomy) An indistinct surface feature of Mars once thought to be a system of channels.
10. Jordan's port.
18. Naked freshwater or marine or parasitic protozoa that form temporary pseudopods for feeding and locomotion.
21. Electrical conduction through a gas in an applied electric field.
22. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
23. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
24. By bad luck.
26. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
28. An officer who acts as military assistant to a more senior officer.
30. A logarithmic unit of sound intensity.
35. Type genus of the Anatidae.
36. A vessel in which something is immersed to maintain it at a constant temperature or to process or lubricate it.
37. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
38. Common Indian weaverbird.
39. Of or relating to or characteristic of the Republic of Chad or its people or language.
41. Not reflecting light.
42. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
43. The federal agency that insures residential mortgages.
44. A doctor's degree in dental medicine.