1. A widely distributed system of free and fixed macrophages derived from bone marrow.
4. English monk and scholar (672-735).
8. The executive agency that advises the President on the federal budget.
11. A former agency (from 1946 to 1974) that was responsible for research into atomic energy and its peacetime uses in the United States.
12. Made of fir or pine.
13. A close friend who accompanies his buddies in their activities.
14. A collection of objects laid on top of each other.
16. Lower in esteem.
18. Primitive chlorophyll-containing mainly aquatic eukaryotic organisms lacking true stems and roots and leaves.
20. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
21. A warning against certain acts.
24. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
27. A coffee cake flavored with orange rind and raisins and almonds.
31. (British) A waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric.
33. Having undesirable or negative qualities.
36. A small cake leavened with yeast.
44. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
47. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
48. Someone who engages in arbitrage (who purchases securities in one market for immediate resale in another in the hope of profiting from the price differential).
49. A Loloish language.
50. Having leadership guidance.
51. The chance to speak.
52. An official language of the Republic of South Africa.
53. An agency of the United Nations affiliated with the World Bank.
1. A member of the Siouan people formerly living in the Missouri river valley in NE Nebraska.
2. British politician (1788-1850).
3. A narcotic that is considered a hard drug.
4. A bachelor's degree in religion.
5. A graphical record of electrical activity of the brain.
6. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
7. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
8. Large elliptical brightly colored deep-sea fish of Atlantic and Pacific and Mediterranean.
9. An independent group of closely related Chadic languages spoken in the area between the Biu-Mandara and East Chadic languages.
10. (pathology) An elevation of the skin filled with serous fluid.
15. Large burrowing rodent of South and Central America.
17. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
19. A Mid-Atlantic state.
22. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
23. A dark-skinned member of a race of people living in Australia when Europeans arrived.
25. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
26. Date used in reckoning dates before the supposed year Christ was born.
28. A small pellet fired from an air rifle or BB gun.
29. Unknown god.
30. A public promotion of some product or service.
32. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
34. A rare silvery (usually trivalent) metallic element.
35. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
37. A city in northern India.
38. Being or befitting or characteristic of an infant.
39. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
40. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
41. Surrealist Spanish painter (1904-1989).
42. In bed.
43. A quantity of no importance.
45. Tastelessness by virtue of being cheap and vulgar.
46. A Turkish unit of weight equal to about 2.75 pounds.