1. Immense East Indian fruit resembling breadfruit of.
4. (usually followed by `to') Having the necessary means or skill or know-how or authority to do something.
8. The seventh and last day of the week.
11. A unit of surface area equal to 100 square meters.
12. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
13. Gone by.
14. An important seaport on the Island of Cebu in the Philippines.
15. (computer science) A measure of how densely information is packed on a storage medium.
16. The compass point that is midway between north and northeast.
17. South American wood sorrel cultivated for its edible tubers.
19. A genus of Platalea.
21. A coffee cake flavored with orange rind and raisins and almonds.
24. An intensely radioactive metallic element that occurs in minute amounts in uranium ores.
25. Primitive chlorophyll-containing mainly aquatic eukaryotic organisms lacking true stems and roots and leaves.
28. Angular distance above the horizon (especially of a celestial object).
29. A software system that facilitates the creation and maintenance and use of an electronic database.
30. A French abbot.
32. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
33. United States conductor (born in Japan in 1935).
37. A sock with a separation for the big toe.
41. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
44. A city in the European part of Russia.
45. Vietnamese New Year.
46. Resinlike substance secreted by certain lac insects.
48. An agency of the United Nations affiliated with the World Bank.
49. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
50. (Greek mythology) Daughter of Zeus and Demeter.
1. French biochemist who (with Jacques Monod) studied regulatory processes in cells (born in 1920).
2. Any of several tall tropical palms native to southeastern Asia having egg-shaped nuts.
3. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
4. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
5. A small cake leavened with yeast.
6. The upper side of the thighs of a seated person.
7. English essayist (1775-1834).
8. The capital and largest city of Yemen.
9. God of fire.
10. 100 toea equal 1 kina.
18. A metric unit of volume or capacity equal to 10 liters.
20. A son who has the same first name as his father.
22. A river of southwestern Africa that rises in central Angola and flows east and then north (forming part of the border between Angola and Congo) and continuing northwest through Congo to empty into the Congo River on the border between Congo and Republic of the Congo.
23. Extremely pleasing.
26. A rare silvery (usually trivalent) metallic element.
27. Very dark black.
31. The second larges of the four main islands of Japan.
34. An artificial language intended for international use as an auxiliary language.
35. A small adhesive disk of paste.
36. Jordan's port.
38. In bed.
39. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
40. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
42. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
43. A shape that sags.
47. Date used in reckoning dates before the supposed year Christ was born.