1. The compass point that is one point east (clockwise) of due north.
4. East Indian tree bearing a profusion of intense vermilion velvet-textured blooms and yielding a yellow dye.
7. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
11. Alsatian artist and poet who was cofounder of Dadaism in Zurich.
12. A dark-skinned member of a race of people living in Australia when Europeans arrived.
13. A tributary of the Rhine.
14. A plant hormone promoting elongation of stems and roots.
15. A signal transmitted along a narrow path.
16. The cry made by sheep.
17. A soft white precious univalent metallic element having the highest electrical and thermal conductivity of any metal.
20. An informal term for a father.
22. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
24. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
25. Jordan's port.
29. A software system that facilitates the creation and maintenance and use of an electronic database.
30. In the same place (used when citing a reference).
32. A unit of magnetomotive force equal to 0.7958 ampere-turns.
39. A sensation (as of a cold breeze or bright light) that precedes the onset of certain disorders such as a migraine attack or epileptic seizure.
43. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
44. Divulge information or secrets.
45. A rotating disk shaped to convert circular into linear motion.
46. A serve that strikes the net before falling into the receiver's court.
47. Primitive chlorophyll-containing mainly aquatic eukaryotic organisms lacking true stems and roots and leaves.
48. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
49. An agency of the United Nations affiliated with the World Bank.
1. Submerged aquatic plant having narrow leaves and small flowers.
2. An ancient city in northern Portugal.
3. A federal agency established to coordinate programs aimed at reducing pollution and protecting the environment.
4. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
5. At right angles to the length of a ship or airplane.
6. Sluggish tailless Australian arboreal marsupial with gray furry ears and coat.
7. A soft silver-white or yellowish metallic element of the alkali metal group.
8. A communist state in the Caribbean on the island of Cuba.
9. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
10. (informal) Exceptionally good.
18. South African term for `boss'.
19. Small genus of succulent annual herbs found on sandy shores of North America and Europe.
21. Informal terms for a (young) woman.
23. Extremely pleasing.
26. A public promotion of some product or service.
27. A light strong brittle gray toxic bivalent metallic element.
28. Before noon.
31. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
33. Characterized by rising prices.
34. A small cake leavened with yeast.
35. God of love and erotic desire.
36. An island in Indonesia east of Java.
37. In bed.
38. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
40. A small piece of cloth.
41. South American wood sorrel cultivated for its edible tubers.
42. The act of slowing down or falling behind.