1. An informal term for a father.
4. Any of a number of fishes of the family Carangidae.
8. An ugly evil-looking old woman.
11. A religious belief of African origin involving witchcraft and sorcery.
12. A small cake leavened with yeast.
13. A Kwa language spoken by the Yoruba people in southwestern Nigeria.
14. A beautiful and graceful girl.
16. A dialect of Chinese spoken in southeastern China.
18. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
19. 1,000,000,000 periods per second.
20. Wild or seedling sweet cherry used as stock for grafting.
21. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
24. A heavy ductile magnetic metallic element.
25. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
33. A seat for the rider of a horse.
35. A Loloish language.
40. A silvery soft waxy metallic element of the alkali metal group.
44. A light touch or stroke.
45. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
47. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
48. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
49. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
50. Goddess of the dead and queen of the underworld.
51. Type genus of the Muridae.
1. Amino acid that is formed in the liver and converted into dopamine in the brain.
2. In bed.
3. English theoretical physicist who applied relativity theory to quantum mechanics and predicted the existence of antimatter and the positron (1902-1984).
4. A metallic element having four allotropic forms.
5. Open-heart surgery in which the rib cage is opened and a section of a blood vessel is grafted from the aorta to the coronary artery to bypass the blocked section of the coronary artery and improve the blood supply to the heart.
6. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
7. The longer of the two telegraphic signals used in Morse code.
8. Australian shrubs and small trees with evergreen usually spiny leaves and dense clusters of showy flowers.
9. A town and port in northwestern Israel in the eastern Mediterranean.
10. Any of several large turkey-like game birds of the family Cracidae.
15. An agency of the United Nations affiliated with the World Bank.
17. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
22. (criminal law) Money that must be forfeited by the bondsman if an accused person fails to appear in court for trial.
23. A light strong brittle gray toxic bivalent metallic element.
26. A unit of surface area equal to 100 square meters.
27. A rare heavy polyvalent metallic element that resembles manganese chemically and is used in some alloys.
28. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
29. A small pellet fired from an air rifle or BB gun.
30. Hormone secreted by the posterior pituitary gland (trade name Pitressin) and also by nerve endings in the hypothalamus.
31. A federal agency established to regulate the release of new foods and health-related products.
32. A condition (mostly in boys) characterized by behavioral and learning disorders.
34. Jordan's port.
36. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
37. (Old Testament) In Judeo-Christian mythology.
38. (Babylonian) God of wisdom and agriculture and patron of scribes and schools.
39. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
41. The syllable naming the first (tonic) note of any major scale in solmization.
42. Any of various primates with short tails or no tail at all.
43. Goddess of the dead and queen of the underworld.
46. A colorless and odorless inert gas.