1. Of southern Europe.
4. A federally chartered savings bank.
7. Altered from an originally straight condition.
11. Large brownish-green New Zealand parrot.
12. (informal) Of the highest quality.
13. The capital of Western Samoa.
14. American prizefighter who won the world heavyweight championship three times (born in 1942).
15. A slight amount or degree of difference.
16. Noisy talk.
17. Capital and largest city of Iraq.
20. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
21. Of or relating to or involving an area.
24. A short sleeveless outer tunic emblazoned with a coat of arms.
28. Counting the number of white and red blood cells and the number of platelets in 1 cubic millimeter of blood.
30. Of or relating to the stomach and intestines.
31. A French abbot.
32. A hemoprotein composed of globin and heme that gives red blood cells their characteristic color.
34. A federal agency established to regulate the release of new foods and health-related products.
35. The cardinal number that is the sum of four and one.
38. A Tibetan or Mongolian priest of Lamaism.
42. Australian shrubs and small trees with evergreen usually spiny leaves and dense clusters of showy flowers.
45. A tight-fitting headdress.
46. A strong emotion.
47. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
49. A master's degree in fine arts.
50. The 26th letter of the Roman alphabet.
51. In bed.
52. The sense organ for hearing and equilibrium.
1. Jordan's port.
2. Big-eyed scad.
3. United States baseball player.
4. Bringing death.
5. Any of a number of fishes of the family Carangidae.
6. A piece of furniture that provides a place to sleep.
7. Common Indian weaverbird.
8. A federal agency established to coordinate programs aimed at reducing pollution and protecting the environment.
9. Pleasant or pleasing or agreeable in nature or appearance.
10. The basic unit of money in Bangladesh.
18. The longer of the two telegraphic signals used in Morse code.
19. An agency of the United Nations affiliated with the World Bank.
22. A highly unstable radioactive element (the heaviest of the halogen series).
23. A sharp hand gesture (resembling a blow).
25. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
26. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali metal group.
27. A Mid-Atlantic state.
29. Stopped up.
33. Any of numerous hairy-bodied insects including social and solitary species.
36. Swift timid long-eared mammal larger than a rabbit having a divided upper lip and long hind legs.
37. A small cake leavened with yeast.
38. Someone who is morally reprehensible.
39. The highest level or degree attainable.
40. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
41. South American armadillo with three bands of bony plates.
43. Goddess of criminal rashness and its punishment.
44. Someone who is morally reprehensible.
48. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.