1. (Old Testament) The eldest son of Isaac who would have inherited the Covenant that God made with Abraham and that Abraham passed on to Isaac.
5. A federal agency established to regulate the release of new foods and health-related products.
8. A condition (mostly in boys) characterized by behavioral and learning disorders.
11. Harass with persistent criticism or carping.
12. A former agency (from 1946 to 1974) that was responsible for research into atomic energy and its peacetime uses in the United States.
13. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
14. A compact mass.
15. Nocturnal mouselike mammal with forelimbs modified to form membranous wings and anatomical adaptations for echolocation by which they navigate.
16. An interest followed with exaggerated zeal.
17. (informal) Being satisfactory or in satisfactory condition.
18. A public promotion of some product or service.
23. A rotating disk shaped to convert circular into linear motion.
25. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
30. Squash bugs.
34. Being ten more than one hundred ninety.
35. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
36. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
39. An enclosed space.
43. An ornamental jewelled headdress signifying sovereignty.
47. American prizefighter who won the world heavyweight championship three times (born in 1942).
48. A small cake leavened with yeast.
50. The 7th letter of the Greek alphabet.
51. A metric unit of volume or capacity equal to 10 liters.
52. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
53. United States liquid unit equal to 4 quarts or 3.785 liters.
1. (used as a sentenced connector) Therefore or consequently.
2. United States virologist who developed the Salk vaccine that is injected against poliomyelitis (born 1914).
3. Relating to or containing the azo radical.
4. A member of a Turkic people of Uzbekistan and neighboring areas.
5. Extremely pleasing.
6. Lacking or deprive of the sense of hearing wholly or in part.
7. A legal document codifying the result of deliberations of a committee or society or legislative body.
8. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
9. Divulge information or secrets.
10. An informal term for a father.
19. 1/10 gram.
20. A benevolent aspect of Devi.
21. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
22. A colorless and odorless inert gas.
24. An associate degree in nursing.
26. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
27. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
28. Before noon.
29. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
31. Any of a number of fishes of the family Carangidae.
32. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
33. Resinlike substance secreted by certain lac insects.
37. A river that rises in western New Mexico and flows westward through southern Arizona to become a tributary of the Colorado River.
38. Precipitation of ice pellets when there are strong rising air currents.
40. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
41. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
42. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
44. The compass point that is one point south of due east.
45. (British) A waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric.
46. Call upon in supplication.
47. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
49. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.