1. The compass point that is one point east of due south.
4. Elegant and stylish.
8. A knockout declared by the referee who judges one boxer unable to continue.
11. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
12. (anatomy) A fold or wrinkle or crease.
13. Lap that forms a cloth border doubled back and stitched down v 1.
14. (informal) Exceptionally good.
16. A logarithmic unit of sound intensity equal to 10 decibels.
17. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
18. A soft white precious univalent metallic element having the highest electrical and thermal conductivity of any metal.
19. A fluorocarbon with chlorine.
20. (Judaism) A Jewish festival (traditionally 8 days) celebrating the exodus of the Israelites from Egypt.
22. Goddess of the dead and queen of the underworld.
24. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
26. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
28. Being in competition.
31. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
32. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
33. Any of a number of fishes of the family Carangidae.
39. An accidental happening.
44. The compass point that is one point south of due west.
45. A blue dye obtained from plants or made synthetically.
46. A master's degree in business.
47. How long something has existed.
48. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
49. A close friend who accompanies his buddies in their activities.
50. An interest followed with exaggerated zeal.
1. A region of Malaysia in northeastern Borneo.
2. A boat with a flat bottom for carrying heavy loads (especially on canals).
3. A period marked by distinctive character or reckoned from a fixed point or event.
4. A hard brittle blue-white multivalent metallic element.
5. Cap that fits over the hub of a wheel.
6. One of the five major classes of immunoglobulins.
7. A high-crowned black cap (usually made of felt or sheepskin) worn by men in Turkey and Iran and the Caucasus.
8. The fifth day of the week.
9. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
10. A member of the Siouan people formerly living in the Missouri river valley in NE Nebraska.
15. Aircraft landing in bad weather in which the pilot is talked down by ground control using precision approach radar.
21. The capital and largest city of Yemen.
23. Infectious disease caused by a species of chlamydia bacterium.
25. Cut off the testicles.
27. Leaf or strip from a leaf of the talipot palm used in India for writing paper.
29. A condition (mostly in boys) characterized by behavioral and learning disorders.
30. A federal agency that supervises carriers that transport goods and people between states.
34. Open-heart surgery in which the rib cage is opened and a section of a blood vessel is grafted from the aorta to the coronary artery to bypass the blocked section of the coronary artery and improve the blood supply to the heart.
35. A domed or vaulted recess or projection on a building especially the east end of a church.
36. The (prehensile) extremity of the superior limb.
37. A small cake leavened with yeast.
38. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
40. The cry made by sheep.
41. Brief episode in which the brain gets insufficient blood supply.
42. Late time of life.
43. (folklore) Fairies that are somewhat mischievous.