1. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
4. A slick spokesperson who can turn any criticism to the advantage of their employer.
8. Inquire about.
11. The longer of the two telegraphic signals used in Morse code.
12. A narrow way or road.
13. Aircraft landing in bad weather in which the pilot is talked down by ground control using precision approach radar.
14. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
15. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
16. Grass mowed and cured for use as fodder.
17. The seventh month of the Moslem calendar.
19. The mission in San Antonio where in 1836 Mexican forces under Santa Anna besieged and massacred American rebels who were fighting to make Texas independent of Mexico.
21. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
23. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
24. Date used in reckoning dates before the supposed year Christ was born.
26. A defensive missile designed to shoot down incoming intercontinental ballistic missiles.
28. A series of steps to be carried out or goals to be accomplished.
32. An indehiscent fruit derived from a single ovary having one or many seeds within a fleshy wall or pericarp.
35. A state in midwestern United States.
36. Very dark black.
37. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
43. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
47. Electrical conduction through a gas in an applied electric field.
48. English monk and scholar (672-735).
49. Type genus of the family Myacidae.
50. A broad flat muscle on either side of the back.
51. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
52. The most common computer memory which can be used by programs to perform necessary tasks while the computer is on.
53. A unit of luminous flux equal to the amount of light given out through a solid angle of 1 steradian by a point source of 1 candela intensity radiating uniformly in all directions.
1. The sixth month of the civil year.
2. A small cake leavened with yeast.
3. Largest crested screamer.
4. Loose or flaccid body fat.
5. The syllable naming the sixth (submediant) note of a major or minor scale in solmization.
6. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
7. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
8. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
9. A fraudulent business scheme.
10. Knock unconscious or senseless.
18. Any of various spiny trees or shrubs of the genus Acacia.
20. A dog small and tame enough to be held in the lap.
22. Diabetes caused by a relative or absolute deficiency of insulin and characterized by polyuria.
25. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
27. The cry made by sheep.
29. A local computer network for communication between computers.
30. A state in northwestern North America.
31. A colorless odorless gaseous element that give a red glow in a vacuum tube.
33. The capital of the Mexican state of Yucatan.
34. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
38. A city in northern India.
39. Consideration in dealing with others and avoiding giving offence.
40. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
41. Common Indian weaverbird.
42. The length of a straight line passing through the center of a circle and connecting two points on the circumference.
44. The compass point that is one point south of due east.
45. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
46. The rate at which heat is produced by an individual in a resting state.
47. Before noon.