1. United States musician (born in Japan) who married John Lennon and collaborated with him on recordings (born in 1933).
4. In bed.
8. A rapid bustling commotion.
11. Relating to or characteristic of or occurring in the air.
12. Plant with an elongated head of broad stalked leaves resembling celery.
13. The upper side of the thighs of a seated person.
14. Any of a number of fishes of the family Carangidae.
16. Having undesirable or negative qualities.
17. The compass point that is one point east of due south.
18. Eurasian perennial bulbous herbs.
20. A soft white precious univalent metallic element having the highest electrical and thermal conductivity of any metal.
21. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
22. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
25. A burn cause by hot liquid or steam.
27. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
29. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
32. A doctor's degree in religion.
33. A communist state in Indochina on the South China Sea.
35. Genus of tropical plants with creeping rootstocks and small umbellate flowers.
38. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
39. A heavy brittle metallic element of the platinum group.
44. A small cake leavened with yeast.
46. An associate degree in applied science.
49. Any of various coarse shrubby plants of the genus Iva with small greenish flowers.
51. The 7th letter of the Greek alphabet.
52. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
53. Cry plaintively.
54. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
1. A kiln for drying hops.
2. An intensive care unit designed with special equipment to care for premature or low-birth-weight or seriously ill newborn.
3. Using speech rather than writing.
4. An associate degree in nursing.
5. An imaginary elephant that appears in a series of French books for children.
6. A federal agency established to coordinate programs aimed at reducing pollution and protecting the environment.
7. An informal term for a father.
8. Thickening of tissue in the motor tracts of the lateral columns and anterior horns of the spinal cord.
9. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
10. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
15. The face of a timepiece.
19. A genus of Ploceidae.
23. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
24. Type genus of the Ranidae.
26. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
28. The cry made by sheep.
30. A rare silvery (usually trivalent) metallic element.
31. Before noon.
34. The compass point that is one point east (clockwise) of due north.
36. An anti-TNF compound (trade name Arava) that is given orally.
37. An independent agency of the United States government responsible for collecting and coordinating intelligence and counterintelligence activities abroad in the national interest.
40. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
41. Common Indian weaverbird.
42. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
43. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
45. A room or establishment where alcoholic drinks are served over a counter.
47. The seventh and last day of the week.
48. The last (12th) month of the year.
49. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
50. A unit of information equal to one million (1,048,576) bytes.
51. A colorless and odorless inert gas.